Top Ten AA Best Sellers
Christy lists the best of the best.
1. Yellowstone: Our world’s first national park is the perfect place to explore with your family. With something for everyone from wildlife viewing to soaking in the Boiling River, you’ll want to keep coming back year after year to explore this gem of our national park system.
2. France: France literally has it all: mountains (Alps, Pyrenees), beaches (Normandy, Brittany, Mediteranean), countryside (Provence, Dordogne), fabulous cities (Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg), wonderful wines (Bordeaux, Burgundy, Côte de Rhône), splendid cathedrals (Chartres, Reims, Notre-Dame) and countless chateaux. Each region has its own atmosphere, scenery, cuisine.
3. Costa Rica: Costa Rica offers a little something on everyone’s “thrill list.” Zip lining, outrigger kayaking, snorkeling, rappelling, and hiking through the tree tops are sure to get your adrenaline pumping. Relaxing on a sandy beach can’t be too bad for your health either!
4. Wyoming | Yellowstone-Tetons: This adventure offers the best of both worlds, our nation’s first national park and its stunning neighbor to the south, Grand Teton National Park. The majestic contrast between the jagged, snow-covered peaks of the Tetons and the rolling acres upon acres of lodgepole pine forests of Yellowstone can only be witnessed in person.
5. Peru: This Land of the Inca and Machu Picchu cannot be described without a close up encounter. From the high mountains of the Andes to the architectural wonders of the Incans, you will not believe the unsolved mysteries that make up this remarkable country.
6. Alaska: “The Land of the Midnight Sun” is brimming with adventurous possibility. Kayaking the calm waters of Sunny Cove in search of sea otters, hiking along the flanks of a massive glacier, and biking down the twisty road to the tiny town of Hope await you in “the Great Land.”
7. Bryce and Zion: If you want to experience an adventure that won’t quite fit inside your camera, than Bryce and Zion National Parks are perfect for you! Zion with its astounding colors, picturesque communities and incredible outdoor activities mix perfectly with Bryce’s stunning red rock formations and scenic wonders to create an epic journey through two of America’s finest parks.
8. Galapagos Islands: Wildlife, wildlife, and more wildlife. You’ll be blown away by the sheer number and variety of species that call the Islands home. Having never learned to fear human contact, you will never get better close-up wildlife photos than in the Galapagos. Cruising between the islands over the course of 8 days allows you to witness for yourself the changes in ecosystems, fauna, and flora.
9. Holland: With 20 million bicycles in a country for its 17 million inhabitants, there is no country in the world which is more bicycle-friendly than the Netherlands (as the country is officially called). Everything is geared towards the cyclists, with special bike paths, bridges, underpasses, ferries, traffic lights, parkings. Bicycles are therefore the quickest and safest way to get around town. And its easy too, because (most of) the Netherlands is as flat as a Dutch pancake.
10. Alberta | Canadian Rockies: The Rocky Mountains at their finest, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Alberta. With its diversity of wildlife, turquoise mountain lakes, shining glaciers, and pristine forests, this picture-perfect adventure is one to share with the whole family!