Become Part of the AA Team!
Austin Adventures offers an exciting working environment with opportunities for growth and a chance to meet other like-minded individuals. We offer market-competitive compensation and fantastic benefits to all of our employees – office staff and guides alike.
Our team is made up of outstanding individuals from locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. We hire people who are passionate about adventure travel and we value the diversity each employee brings to our team.
If you’re interested in applying for one of our posted jobs, please send your resume and cover letter to one of the following:
Or mail: Austin Adventures
PO Box 81025
Billings, MT 59108-1025
If you are interested in applying for a guide position for any of our North American programs we encourage you to submit your resume no earlier than November and no later than March, for the upcoming season. We will not consider any applications outside of this time period, nor do we do any guide hiring for any of the tours we currently offer outside of the United States and Canada. Thanks for your interest in Austin Adventures!
There are a number of qualifications that we look for when we hire guides. We suggest that all applicants review the following list. This will help you decide if you have the necessary skills, personality, and experience to join the AA team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Possess excellent people skills in the areas of communication, customer service and compassion
- Strong ability to connect one-on-one with people of all ages, interests, and backgrounds
- Strong appreciation for and a sense of the natural and cultural history of a number of the regions in which we run trips
- Passion for active travel and being outdoors
- Familiarity with and aptitude for tuning up bikes (mechanically inclined)
- Excellent endurance and stamina (capable of handling long days of physical work)
- Detail oriented in the areas of budgets and reporting
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to be decisive and resourceful)
- A ‘leader’ personality
- First Aid Responder (if you are hired, Austin Adventures will reimburse you for the course)
- Commercial Drivers License (or Class 4 for Canadian guides)
- Availability during our peak season of June into September
Every spring, guides hone their skills at our ‘Spring Training Retreat’ in Billings, Montana. This extensive training builds a strong team of guides who understand the details and subtleties in executing professional customer service. And because safety is our #1 concern, we ensure that each guide is certified in CPR and emergency response. Then, after guides are assigned to their region, each trip is carefully researched and inspected on a three-four day pre-trip scout, in which guides go over the route before guests arrive, re-checking every detail. Once on the trip, guides stay in the same hotels as the guests and are always available to handle even the smallest request. Our guides are ready to do whatever it takes, stretching beyond any trip outline or itinerary, to provide the most outstanding customer service in the industry.