A delicious spicy dinner that is great during cold weather and is as easy to prepare as most soups.
1½ hours 30 min prep
- 300 g okra (11 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 800 g chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely (28 oz)
- 2 large brown onions, chopped coarsely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large potato, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
- Trim stems from okra. Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, stirring until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion, garlic and sambal oelek, stirring until onion is soft.
- Return chicken to pan. Add remaining ingredients; simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Serve over a bed of rice.