Baja Grilled Wild Alaska Salmon With Blue Mango Salsa & Nopales
Grilled Salmon & Nopales
- 6 each- Salmon cut into 5 oz. filets (King salmon works best for its fatty content)
- 1 cup- Lime Juice
- 1 can- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 cup- Cilantro chopped
- 12 each- Nopales (Cactus paddle)
- Mix lime juice, adobo sauce & cilantro in a bowl and fire the grill on high
- For an extra kick and smokey flavor puree the chipotle from the can and add.
- Baste salmon with marinade and place on grill face down.
- Place diamond grill marks on all sides of salmon and baste lavishly with marinade until done
- Place Nopales on grill and mark all sides.
- Serve salmon on top of 1 Nopales, add Blue Mango Salsa on top and place another Nopales on top. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.
Blue Mango Salsa
- 4 cups- *Blueberry
- 4 cups- *Mango chopped
- 2 cups- Tomato chopped
- 1 cup- Red onion diced
- 1 cup- Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup- Lime Juice
- 1 each- Avocado chopped
- 3 each- Grilled Jalapeno diced
*Fresh is always better but may be substituted for frozen
- Grill Jalapeno until black on all sides.
- Combine everything in a bowl and add S & P to taste. Chill for 1-2 hours.
Recipe compliments of Executive Chef Erik Slater of the Resurrection Roadhouse – Seward Windsong Lodge