Holiday Dessert Bars
- 1 ½ C butter
- 1 ¼ C brown sugar
- 1 C sllivered almonds
- 1 package graham crackers
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Line large cookie sheet with graham crackers.
- In heavy sauce pan, melt and cook together butter, brown sugar and almonds. **Cook mixture over medium heat (careful not to burn sugar) until its fluffy and all ingredients are incorporated. Two to three minutes after it starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and add in 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Spread mixture evenly over Graham crackers. Top mixture with chocolate chips, let set for a couple of minutes so chips melt. Using rubber spatula spread melted chips over the caramel mixture. Sprinkle with holiday candy sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until cool. Break into pieces and enjoy!