Headquartered in Billings, Montana USA
Dan Austin – email@example.com
The choice provider of active vacations, AA specializes in multi-sport, hiking, biking and family travel experiences that are immersed in history, wildlife, culture and geography’s natural beauty. The company has built a reputation for exclusive, small-group active travel (limited to 12 guests, 18 for family trips), with a distinguished roster of trips to over 30 countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, South Pacific and the Middle East. It has been ranked in the top five for the world’s best tour operator by the readers of Travel & Leisure magazine from 2009-2012 and holds top accolades as one of the finest adventure tour specialists in the industry.
- All AA vacations feature exceptional dining, access to distinctive accommodations and insider’s knowledge of every location.
- A team of passionate, enthusiastic guides facilitate memorable and authentic excursions, at one’s own pace, off the usual tourist track. Guests enjoy “insider’s knowledge” and a local, close-up perspective that cannot be replicated independently.
- In addition to scheduled group departures, AA offers customized, trip for families, solo travelers and adults-only.
- ALA offers all travelers a money-back guarantee, a rarity among adventure travel companies, to reflect its commitment to the highest levels of guest service.
With a legacy going back nearly 40 years, the company evolved into Austin-Lehman Adventures under the helm of entrepreneurs Paul Lehman and Dan Austin.
- 1994 – Dan Austin purchased Montana-based Backcountry Tours, a well–recognized purveyor of small group, multisport tours throughout the western US. This was his second major foray in adventure travel since 1976, when he was a partner in a rafting company in the Pacific Northwest.
- 1997 – Dan Austin sold his interest in Backcountry and created Adventures Plus, a provider of adventure tours with a commitment to exceptional client service.
- 2000 – Dan joined forces with Paul Lehman, a fellow entrepreneur and adventurer. These two passionate travelers merged their philosophy on company vision, goals and direction to form Austin-Lehman Adventures. Their shared vision created a company that provided unparalleled service and an active, experiential travel experience.
- 2001 – Dan Austin and Paul Lehman acquired Backcountry Tours further expanding their operations and loyal client base.
- 2008 – The company acquired Euro-Bike Tours. Originally founded in 1974 in DeKalb, Illinois, by Dutch natives Dr. Hendrik and Ellen Hoeve and Wim van Dijk, Euro-Bike was the first U.S. bike tour company to establish operations in Europe. Wim’s son, Ron van Dijk, joined the operations, and based in Amsterdam, Holland; he became an owner/partner in Austin-Lehman Adventurers.
- 2010 – Paul Lehman announces his departure from ALA to pursue new personal adventures in his life.
- 2011 – For the third year in a row ALA was ranked as one of the top adventure tour operators in the world by Travel + Leisure Magazine
- 2011 – ALA is awarded Global Vision Award by Travel + Leisure Magazine for their corporate innovation with Wheels of Change.