Explore from Juneau to Sitka, taking in spectacular tidewater glaciers, snow-capped mountain ranges, chiseled fjords, and pristine waters and wilderness teeming with whales, otters, bears, and bald eagles.
- Enjoy two evenings in virtual isolation anchored along the pristine shores of Glacier Bay National Park
- Explore hidden coves by kayak and paddle board, keeping an eye out for sea lions, porpoises, and brightly colored puffins
- Set out by skiff on the Icy Straight, arguably the richest whale waters in Southeast Alaska
- Feel the spray of waterfalls along the coast of Chichagof Island, home to the largest population of bears per square mile on Earth
- Sail the narrow 50-mile Peril Straight, watching for mountain goats, otters, and eagles
- Learn about the rich traditions and family-focused culture of the Tlingit
- Relax at the end of the day with a soak in a hot tub, staring at the stunning face of Muir Glacier
It was incredibly well-organized with a team of guides who were truly, unbelievably great.
Julie Treumann New York, NY
8 days/7 nights
Juneau or Sitka - Depending on departure
Day 1: Juneau or Sitka – Embark
Day 2: Glacier Bay National Park
Day 3: Glacier Bay National Park
Day 4: Glacier Bay National Park
Day 5: Icy Strait
Day 6: Chichagof Island
Day 7: Peril Strait
Day 8: Sitka or Juneau – Disembark
Nights 1 to 7: Wilderness Explorer Vessel
The newly renovated 76-guest Wilderness Explorer was built specifically to navigate narrow straights and shallow lagoons, getting you up-close with everything Southeast Alaska has to offer. Amenities include a sauna and hot tub, a Douglas fir-topped bar, a hydrophone for listening below the surface, and a bow-mounted underwater camera that streams to the vessel’s lounge and to your cabin TV.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $4,195 / person
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.