Explore the Kenai Peninsula at a comfortable pace by train, small ship, sea kayak, mountain bike and on foot. Wild, pristine, and blessed with an abundance of astounding scenery and wildlife, the wonders of Alaska amaze explorers of all ages.
- Kayak Resurrection Bay in search of sea otters, sea lions, and puffins
- Explore the inter-tidal life zone on Fox Island while on the hunt for sea urchins, anemones, and limpets
- Touch the ice of a tidal glacier on a nature cruise into Kenai Fjords National Park
- Hike to an overlook of the 300-square mile Harding Ice Field
- Bike past thundering waterfalls and wildflower meadows to the old Gold Rush town of Hope
- Learn about wildlife recovery at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Feast on fresh-off-the-boat seafood and perfectly roasted s’mores while telling stories around a bonfire under an Alaskan midnight sun
Photo: Exit Glacier
From beginning to end, our Austin Adventures experience was the adventure we hoped for and more. Our knowledgeable guides took care of our every need. The itinerary, lodging, and restaurants were top-notch, and we came home knowing we had just been on the trip of a lifetime!
Steve and Joanne Kahlke Fort Lauderdale, FL
6 days/5 nights
Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)
Day 1: Alaska Railroad/Fox Island/Resurrection Bay
Day 2: Kenai Fjords wilderness cruise/Seward
Day 3: Exit Glacier/Harding Icefield
Day 4: Johnson Pass Trail/Hope/Girdwood
Day 5: Winner Creek Trail/Byron Glacier
Day 6: Girdwood to Indian Creek/Anchorage (departure)
This beautifully rustic lodge is situated on a 3 square mile island. Charming, romantic and completely private, Fox Island is accessible only by boat and features cozy cabins in a rocky island cove setting.
Situated in a thick spruce grove with a panoramic view of the Resurrection River Valley, the Windsong Lodge is Seward's finest accommodation.
Nestled in the Chugach Mountains, this elegant hotel boasts lovely guestrooms, expansive views, a full-service spa and the award-winning Seven Glaciers restaurant 2,000 feet above the hotel.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $3,198 / person
- ($880 single supplement) Children: $2,558 to $2,878