Experience the best of Alaska’s wilderness and wildlife as you hike, bike, kayak and cruise the pristine lands, glaciers and waterways of the stunning 650,000-acre Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Listen for the sharp crack! of a glacier calving into an ice-studded sea on a glacier and wildlife cruise
- Paddle the pristine waters of Resurrection Bay alongside seals, sea otters, and puffins
- Soak up a panoramic vista of Exit Glacier on a hike to the Harding Icefield
- Let the mist of a thundering waterfall cool your cheeks on a bike ride to the gold rush town of Hope
- Hike through dense rain forest to the base of Byron Glacier and hunt for mysterious ice worms
- Learn about the impact of global climate change on the local wildlife
- Feast on fresh-off-the-boat wild salmon before unwinding in the comfort of the Fox Island Wilderness Lodge
This is my ninth Austin Adventures trip and second to Alaska, and it did not disappoint! It just keeps getting better! The variety of activities, the natural beauty, all there is to learn, and the fun over-the-top service of Toby and Blair made this trip extra special!
Barbara Monegan Wayne, PA
6 days/5 nights
Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)
Day 1: Alaska Railroad/Fox Island/Resurrection Bay
Day 2: Kenai Fjords National Park/Seward
Day 3: Exit Glacier/Harding Icefield
Day 4: Russian River/Johnson Pass Trail/Hope
Day 5: Winner Creek Trail/Byron Glacier
Day 6: Girdwood to Indian Creek/Anchorage (departure)
This beautifully rustic lodge is situated on a 3 square mile island. Charming, romantic and completely private, Fox Island is accessible only by boat and features cozy cabins in a rocky island cove setting.
Situated in a thick spruce grove with a panoramic view of the Resurrection River Valley, the Seward Windsong Lodge is Seward's finest accommodation.
Nestled in the Chugach Mountains, this elegant hotel boasts lovely guestrooms, expansive views, a full-service spa and the award-winning Seven Glaciers restaurant 2,000 feet above the hotel.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 15, 2014
- From $3,198 / person
- ($880 single supplement)
- Jun 15 2014
- Jun 29 2014
- Jul 13 2014
- Aug 24 2014