Stretching from the Interior Plains of Alberta to the Rocky Mountain Trench of British Columbia, the Canadian Rockies are, simply put, a hiker’s dream.
- Trek to Stanley Glacier through subalpine forest and wildflower meadows in Kootenay National Park, alive with marmots, pika, and white-tailed ptarmigans
- Lunch trailside to a backdrop of Lake Helen and a skyline dominated by the craggy pinnacles of Dolomite Pass
- Pick your way – crampons, walking sticks and all – to the top of Athabasca Glacier alongside one of Canada's leading mountaineering experts
- Hike Sentinel Pass, marveling at the picture-perfect reflection of tottering rock walls and sky-high summits on the glassy surface of Consolation Lake
- Walk a network of gentle trails through Sunshine Meadows, soaking up some of the most stunning vistas the Rocky Mountains have to offer
- Keep your eyes peeled for wolves, elk, and bighorn sheep as you summit Tunnel Mountain
- Kick back with a bison burger and a book by the fire in the casual, rustic comfort of your Baker Creek chalet
Photo: Hiking by the Canadian Rockies
Awesome trip!! The Canadian Rockies were beyond beautiful, the activities fun and exciting, and the people were amazing.
Catherine Weir Dallas, TX
6 days/5 nights
Calgary, Alberta (YYC)
Day 1: Stanley Glacier
Day 2: Helen Lake
Day 3: Ice Walk and Lake Louise
Day 4: Consolation Lake and Banff
Day 5: Banff and Sunshine Meadows
Nestled in a peaceful wooded setting, beside Baker Creek, this lodge and cabins blend magically into their surroundings, far from the bustle of Lake Louise
This quintessential Canadian Lodge features a distinctive Rundle Rock fireplace and showcases Canadian artwork throughout. The over-sized bathrooms are sure to please anyone after a hard day's adventure in Banff.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 24, 2014
- From $2,898 / person
- ($780 single supplement)