Sliding penguins, slumbering seals, 3,000-foot ice walls, and surreal sunsets. The Antarctic Peninsula is home to the most dramatic scenery and the largest variety of wildlife in Antarctica. Enjoy nature at her best, navigating iceberg-laden waters and White Continent wilderness by small ship, zodiac, kayak, and on foot.
- Board your small ship in Ushuaia, Argentina, making your way south toward the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Convergence; you’ll know you’re near when you begin sighting wandering albatrosses, blue petrels, and icebergs
- Kayak the tranquil waters surrounding Jougla Point, coming nose-to-beak with Gentoo Penguins and Imperial Shags
- Hike a massive glacier on the Antarctic continent and count the fur, elephant, and leopard seals basking on ice floes in Neko Harbor
- Sail Lemaire Channel beneath Booth Island’s towering peaks, keeping an eye out for humpback, minke, and fin whales
- Get a glimpse into the lives of the people who live there year-round with a stop at a scientific work station
- Soak up a technicolor sunset before curling up in the comfort of a waterproof bivouac bag during an optional open-air camping excursion
Photo: Antarctic penguins
Elephant seals, this far south, what a treat. Elephant seals and penguins existing in harmonious indifference...inspiring! Today was an amazing day of wildlife, man vs. ice, more flying penguins and just plain fun.
Troy Glennon Seattle, WA
11 days/10 nights
Day 1: Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Day 2: At Sea (through day 3)
Day 4: Antarctica (through day 8)
Day 9: At Sea (through day 10)
Day 11: Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Nights 1 to 10: The M/V Plancius
The M/V Plancius, originally an oceanographic research vessel for the Royal Dutch Navy, accommodates 114 passengers in 53 passenger cabins, each with private bath. Built specifically for icy conditions and equipped with 10 Zodiac Mark Vs, Planciusoffers a restaurant/lecture room, a spacious panoramic observation lounge (with bar) and large, open deck spaces, perfect for enjoying the scenery and wildlife.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $8,450 / person