From sheep shearing to wine sipping to swimming alongside a school of dolphin, soak up all that South Australia has to offer on this 8-day wilderness and wildlife-rich family-friendly adventure.
- Mountain bike the foothills of the Elder Range to the Arkaba Woolshed for a glimpse into Australia’s pioneering past and the ways of a working sheep station
- Learn the ins and outs of outback and wildlife preservation on an afternoon hike with a local conservationist
- Sample a shiraz at a Barossa Valley vineyard while the kids enjoy a romp amongst the property’s giant hay bales
- Get up close with a troop of kangaroos and/or visit a cheese factory and try your hand at pasta making in a region acclaimed for its culinary prowess
- Visit a sea lion colony and/or kayak with playful dolphins and sea lions on Kangaroo Island
- Take a swim with a pod of dolphins and get up-close with Nepean Bay’s sea eagles, penguins, and petrels on a morning marine tour
- Enjoy a remote bush barbecue, keeping an eye out for sleeping koalas in the eucalyptus trees above
- Don’t be surprised if a wallaby, black swan, Australian pelican or rare cockatoo pop by for a visit at the Kangaroo Island Lodge
Photo: Group exploring Arkaba
A fantastic family adventure - we could not have enjoyed our vacation any more!
8 days/7 nights
- Day 1: Adelaide
- Day 2: Arkaba Station Walk
- Day 3: Arkaba Station Walk
- Day 4: Barossa Valley
- Day 5: Kangaroo Island
- Day 6: Kangaroo Island
- Day 7: Kangaroo Island
- Day 8: Adelaide
Arkaba is a 60,000 acre sheep ‘station’ in one of Australia’s most ancient landscapes and home to some of the most spectacular outback scenery in the country. At Arkaba a five bedroom 1850’s homestead offers a select few guests a taste of classic Australian country hospitality while a few ‘Wild Bush Luxury’ touches ensure comfort, style and a truly memorable experience.
With a range of facilities and services, the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort offers the perfect destination to relax, get active or indulge your senses. The resort features 140 apartments, incorporating 116 studio rooms and 24 two-bedroom apartments, all featuring private balconies.
Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals, Little penguins and an abundance of birdlife. The Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $9,998 / person
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.