From the arid, 540 million-year-old landscape of Flinders Ranges, to the world-renowned culinary and vinous delights of the Barossa Valley, to the cliff-capped beaches of Kangaroo Island, South Australia is a little-trafficked region with a whole lot to offer.
- Hike a furrowed landscape of cypress mountains, sun-seared valleys and gum tree-lined creeks on a three-day camping excursion in the Arkaba outback
- Cycle the Riesling Trail, taking in ever-changing views of the surrounding vineyards, villages, mixed farms and natural bushland
- Sit down to a five-course wining and dining extravaganza at The Louise in Barossa Valley
- Soak up eye-popping cliff-top panoramas on Kangaroo Island, home to an array of wildlife, including koalas, platypus, bandicoots, and wallabies
- Come nose-to-nose with a curious dolphin on a morning swim and watch for dolphins, seals, sea eagles and ospreys on an afternoon kayak
- Savor a true taste of South Australia with a mélange of local sauvignon blanc, fresh-caught abalone, sheep’s milk yogurt and Liguria honey
Photo: Arkaba, Australia
We had such a wonderful time. The trip exceeded our expectations and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to our friends. Our guides were awesome!
Mountain View, CA
10 days/9 nights
Adelaide, Australia (ADL)
- Day 1: Adelaide
- Day 2: Arkaba Station Walk
- Day 3: Arkaba Station Walk
- Day 4: Arkaba Station Walk
- Day 5: Barossa Valley
- Day 6: Barossa Valley
- Day 7: Kangaroo Island
- Day 8: Kangaroo Island
- Day 9: Kangaroo Island
- Day 10: Adelaide
Night 1: The Sebel Playford Adelaide
The Sebel Playford Adelaide is a boutique hotel in the heart of Adelaide which offers the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury. This hotel has a stunning Art Nouveau ambience and features 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites luxurious amenities and exquisite cuisine.
Nights 2 & 3: Arkaba Camping
The Flinders Ranges are one of Australia’s most ancient landscapes, molded by hundreds of millions of years of geological activity, and also home to some of the most spectacular outback scenery in the country. Arkaba is a 60,000 acre sheep ‘station’, its craggy sandstone bluffs and dry creek beds lined with River Red Gums are a quintessential Australian scene.
The Arkaba Homestead, dating back to 1851, is a classic Flinders building, with thick stone walls, deep shady verandahs and corrugated roofing all set against the backdrop of the rugged Elder Range. Four traditional style bedrooms are located in the homestead, each with an en suite bathroom and access to the verandah for relaxing in the heat of day. The Coachman’s Cottage in the corner of the garden provides a fifth guest room with en suite bathroom.
Food, wine, luxury accommodation and a genuine welcome await you at The Louise Barossa Valley. Ideally situated in the heart of the legendary Barossa wine country in South Australia, The Louise offers absolute luxury and inspired design with private spaces, generous ensuites and breathtaking vineyard views. Collocated restaurant Appellation is highly regarded as one of Australia’s finest dining destinations; where fresh, local ingredients, informed service and an award-winning extensive collection of wines ensure a truly memorable dining experience.
The Kangaroo Beach Lodges provide an exquisite experience combining beauty, luxury, and comfort. Tucked away in the Northwest corner of Kangaroo Island, this mesmerizing escape is only accessible from a private road from an 8,000-acre cattle property. Whether you want to be catered to left and right or just a fridge stocked with fresh local meat and produce, your vacation is your own at the Kangaroo Beach Lodges.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 10 days/9 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $9,998 / person
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.