While Tasmania may be no bigger than West Virginia, it is renowned for its diversity. From the burgeoning seaside capital of Hobart to Lake St Clare National Park’s acclaimed Cradle Mountain, soak up all that the little isle of ‘Tassie’ has to offer by land and sea on this 8-day multisport extravaganza.
- Explore Hobart’s Battery Point and thriving waterfront, marveling at the majestic views of Mount Wellington
- Get up close with emus, wombats, and a Tasmanian devil (now extinct in the wild) on a night safari at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Cruise beneath the jagged cliffs of the Tasman Peninsula, scanning the sea for dolphin, seals, and whales, and the sky for albatrosses, gannets and sea eagles
- Join a lantern-lit Ghost Tour of Port Arthur, a historic castle and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout and sea kayak tranquil, turquoise waters beneath pink granite peaks on the Freycinet Peninsula
- Take in the ever-changing rainforest, buttongrass, waterfall and alpine lake scenery on a hike up Cradle Mountain
- Sail through old and new-growth forest on a treetop zip-line tour in Launceston
Photo: Woman hiking
It went beyond what I expected. The staff and itinerary were excellent, and the tour guides very helpful.
9 days/8 nights
- Day 1: Hobart
- Day 2: Hobart
- Day 3: Port Arthur
- Day 4: Freycinet National Park
- Day 5: Freycinet National Park
- Day 6: Cradle Mountain Lake
- Day 7: Cradle Mountain Lake
- Day 8: Laucetston
- Day 9: Laucetston
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 9 days/8 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $18,998 / person
- ((Single supplement varies, call 800.575.1540 for details) single supplement)
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.