With soaring, snow-capped peaks, thundering waterfalls, glacier-carved gorges and scenic villages, Austria is the perfect playground for the adventurous at heart.
- Pedal your way through Mittersill and Zell am See to a backdrop of 14,000-year-old glacier-carved gorges, crystal blue lakes and colossal Alps
- Bike from Lake Zell through quaint villages to the market town of Saalfelden
- Soak up eye-popping panoramic views on a cable car ride to Schmittenhöhe
- Hike into Salzach Valley and (for a true adrenaline rush) opt for a tandem paraglide
- Pedal along the enchanting Salzach River past flower-decked homes to the 250-foot Gollinger Waterfall and Hellbrunn’s palatial castle
- Hum a tune from The Sound of Music as you feast on trout strudel and cream cheese lemon mousse at the two star Michelin rated Obauer restaurant
Photo: Women biking past the Alps
I loved the small group, the flexibility, the wonderful inns and the helpfulness of the coordinators.
Cindy Pomeroy Asheville, NC
7 days/6 nights
Munich, Germany (MUC)
Day 1: Zell am See
Day 2: Zell am See
Day 3: Zell am See
Day 4: Werfen
Day 5: Salzburg
Day 6: Salzburg
Day 7: Salzburg (departure)
Built in the 1890's, Grand Hotel Zell am See is nestled into the mountain landscape at the edge of Lake Zell and provides comfortable, modern rooms, a restaurant featuring hearty Austrian cuisine, and a spa.
Located in an authentic, postcard-perfect Austrian village, Hotel Obauer is set in a 13th century building which has been renovated to offer contemporary accommodations. Its surrounding meadow and fortress have been featured in films including The Sound of Music and Where Eagles Dare.
A green oasis in the heart of the town, Hotel Auersperg has been under the same ownership for three generations. This elegant hotel has a tasteful design, quiet, romantic gardens and a rooftop sun terrace with a marvelous view over the city.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 22, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($780 single supplement)
- Jun 22 2014
- Jul 06 2014
- Jul 20 2014