With soaring, snow-capped peaks, thundering waterfalls, fortress-topped hills and elaborate cave systems, Austria brings out the adventurer in everyone.
- Pedal your way through Mittersill and Zell Am See to a backdrop of 14,000-year-old glacier-carved gorges, azure lakes and towering Alps
- Take a spin on a toboggan in the hills of Hochkönig
- Hike above the Salzach Valley and – for a true adrenaline rush – opt for a tandem paraglide
- Ride a cable car to the Schmittenhöhe, for stunning lake and mountain views
- Swoosh down the giant slide at the entrance to the Hallein salt mines
- Hear the thunder of rushing water at the legendary Liechtensteinklamm gorge
- Bike along the Salzach River, explore the hilltop Hohensalzburg Fortress, and opt for an evening ride through Salzburg on a horse-drawn carriage
Photo: Bikers at a gelato shop
What a great trip! It was one of the most beautiful vacations we've ever been on. Just gorgeous. The colors, the scenery, the friendly little towns and the wonderful way the guides managed the trip. It was all perfect. My family loved it!
Jack Block Dunn Loring, VA
7 days/6 nights
Munich Germany (MUC)
Day 1: Zell am See
Day 2: Zell am See
Day 3: Zell am See
Day 4: Werfen
Day 5: Salzburg
Day 6: Salzburg
Day 7: Salzburg (departure)
Built in the 1890's, Grand Hotel Zell am See is nestled into the mountain landscape at the edge of Lake Zell and provides comfortable, modern rooms, a restaurant featuring hearty Austrian cuisine, and a spa.
Located in an authentic, postcard-perfect Austrian village, Hotel Obauer is set in a 13th century building which has been renovated to offer contemporary accommodations. Its surrounding meadow and fortress have been featured in films including The Sound of Music and Where Eagles Dare.
A green oasis in the heart of the town, Hotel Auersperg has been under the same ownership for three generations. This elegant hotel has a tasteful design, quiet, romantic gardens and a rooftop sun terrace with a marvelous view over the city.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 29, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($780 single supplement) Children: $2,638 to $2,968
- Jun 29 2014
- Jul 13 2014
- Jul 27 2014