From Austria’s fabled Danube River to the lush Lake District and Bohemian Forest of the Czech Republic, this nine-day adventure offers an ideal recipe of scenery, history and culture.
- Bike along the Danube through the vineyards and villages of the Wachau region, pausing for a glass of Neuburger wine, the local specialty
- Explore the lavish Baroque abbey in Melk
- Pedal to the red-roofed town of Ceske Budejovice and enjoy a pint of Budvar beer at the original Budweiser brewery
- Opt for a gentle canoe trip down the Vltava River
- Take in the incredible views from Gottweig Abbey as you enjoy lunch on its terrace
Photo: Couple biking
Experiencing Austria and the Czech Republic by bike – where you can hear, see, and feel the land through its marvelous scenery and villages – I felt like I got a true flavor for both.
Cindy Pomeroy Asheville, NC
7 days/6 nights
Vienna, Austria (VIE)/Prague, Czech Republic (PRG)
Day 1: Krems
Day 2: Krems
Day 3: Ceske Budejovice
Day 4: Ceske Budejovice
Day 5: Cesky Krumlov
Day 6: Cesky Krumlov
Day 7: Prague
Named after Richard the Lionheart, the first true guest of note in Dürnstein, Hotel Richard Löwenherz offers guests what the illustrious English King enjoyed eight centuries ago—true royal treatment. The hotel sits on one of the most beautiful, pristine river landscapes in Europe and it radiates the unique atmosphere of a former convent of the Clares, right on the banks of the Danube.
A cultural and historical monument with a tradition that goes back to 1553, Grand Hotel Zvon is situated in the main square of Ceske Budejovice. The hotel features a restored fresco and a hand-carved ceiling from the 17th century.
The finest hotel in Cesky Krumlov, the Hotel Ruze was built in the 16th century as a Jesuit Monastery and University and has preserved the beauty and style of the Renaissance, even after extensive interior restoration.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: May 25, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($680 single supplement)
- May 25 2014
- Jul 06 2014
- Jul 13 2014
- Aug 03 2014
- Aug 10 2014
- Sep 14 2014
- Sep 21 2014