Explore ancient Mayan ruins, lush subtropical forests, and the second largest barrier reef in the world. Whether venturing into jungle caves by headlamp or snorkeling crystal-blue waters in, Belize – is a country begging to be explored.
- Visit the ancient ruins of Xunantunich, home to 25 temples and palaces, and Cahal Pech, one of the oldest Mayan sites in Western Belize
- Glimpse into a bygone era of sacred Mayan ritual and sacrifice as you explore the skeletal remains and stoneware hidden in Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave, accessible only by foot – and a short swim!
- Gaze skyward in an astronomical observatory at Caracol, where Mayan ancestors once studied the stars
- Launch 1,200 feet across the jungle canopy as you sail by zip-line through Jaguar Paw Park
- Cave-jump into a perfectly clear swimming hole before taking in the natural beauty of the Mayan underworld by inner tube
- Snorkel the azure waters and colorful reefs of Hol Chan Marine Reserve, and take the opportunity to feed the beautiful nurse sharks and sting rays.
- Soak up a day of leisure with a relaxing massage or with a book on your private beachfront palpa
Top notch places and experiences. This was one of our very best trips ever!
Santa Rosa, CA
8 days/7 nights
Belize City, Belize (BZE)
- Day 1: Belize City
- Day 3: Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave
- Day 4: Caracol Maya Site
- Day 5: Royal Palm Island
- Day 6: Hol Chan Marine Park and Shark Ray Alley
- Day 7: Royal Palm Island
- Day 8: Belize City
Located in the beautiful Belize River Valley, the resort elegantly sits on hilltops above the bank of the majestic Belize River. Newly opened in February of 2012, the luxury designer resort offers opulence, comfort and a perfect equilibrium between nature and luxury.
Located only one mile away from the Belize Barrier Reef, and less than 9 miles from Belize City the tiny island paradise known as Royal Palm Island is situated on Little Frenchman Caye. Nestled away from the 'hustle and bustle’ of city life, where the pace of life is deliberately slow you can enjoy the stunning view of the vibrant azure of the Caribbean Sea from the privacy of your own spacious cottage.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Next Departure: Dec 21, 2014
- From $3,498 / person
- ($1,380 single supplement)