Travel from the brilliant-green, game-heavy wetlands of the Okavango Delta, along the newly flowing Savuti Channel to the banks of the Zambezi River and the base of Victoria Falls on this classic, wildlife-rich safari.
- Explore the magnificent riverine forests surrounding Paradise Island by mokoro and motorboat, keeping a lookout for elephants, hyenas, tsessebe and the elusive sitatunga
- Take in the majesty of the Delta (and passing herds of zebras and wildebeest!) from your private deck on Hunda Island
- Follow in the footsteps of giraffes, leopards, lions, cheetah, red lechwe and wild dogs on guided walks and game drives along the spectacular Savute Channel
- Learn to distinguish between the calls of the African skimmer, greater swamp warbler, Pel’s fishing-owl, Meyer’s parrot and African finfoot
- Spy on elephant, hippo and crocodile as you stroll the wooden walkways snaking through your camp in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Marvel at how miniscule you feel standing at the base of the mighty 350-foot tall, 5,600-foot wide Victoria Falls
- Wrap up your day with a swim in plunge pool and dinner under the stars in a traditional African boma
Arriving in the Okavango Delta is like stepping into an oasis - a watery wonderland filled with wildlife nearly everywhere you look.
Georgia Hunter Greenwich, CT
11 days/10 nights
Maun, Botswana (MUB)/Livingstone, Zambia (FLLI)
Day 1: Xigera Camp
Day 2: Xigera Camp
Day 3: Tubu Tree Camp
Day 4: Tubu Tree Camp
Day 5: Tubu Tree Camp
Day 6: Savuti Camp
Day 7: Savuti Camp
Day 9: Toka Leya Camp
Day 10: Toka Leya Camp
Day 11: Toka Leya Camp
Xigera Camp (pronounced Keejera) is located on a riverine island right in the heart of the Okavango Delta. The camp consists of ten luxuriously furnished tented rooms raised on wooden platforms and walkways that offer superb views of the seasonal Okavango Delta floodplains and lagoon. Meals and evening drinks are enjoyed in the lounge, pub, and dining area overlooking a permanently flowing channel or under the stars in a traditional African boma.
Awarded Trip Adviser’s Certificate of Excellence, the camp is located on the largest area of permanently dry land in the region and attracts a variety of plains game species to its palatable grasses. Around the traditional style, elevated camp, visitors can see elephant, lion, Burchell's zebra, red lechwe, southern giraffe, tsessebe, and blue wildebeest on the floodplains.
With the Savuti Channel becoming a flowing waterway again in 2008 (previously dry since 1980), the camp gives its visitors a front row seat to all of the action as the wildlife adapt to the new source of water. Enjoy nature’s dramas from the camp's thatched dining area or large viewing area with fire pit that extends outward on raised wooden decks, providing a wonderful view.
Overlooking the mighty Zambezi River and some of its islands is Toka Leya Camp, consisting of 12 spacious en-suite safari-style tents. Wooden walkways snake between the units and main area, limiting the footprint on this pristine area.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $5,998 / person