Venture from the lushly vegetated and game-heavy wetlands of the Okavango Delta to the wildlife-rich floodplains of Linyanti and Chobe to one of Zambia’s Seven Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls.
- Float the waterways of the Jao Concession in the Okavango Delta by mokoro, listening for the calls of Pel's Fishing Owls, Western Banded Snake Eagles and Coppery-tailed Coucals
- Set out on a game drive or nature walk through the varied terrain of the Khwai Concession, where herds of zebra, giraffe and elephant keep a watchful eye out for leopard, lion, wild dog and spotted hyena
- Explore Linyanti’s floodplains, forests and sweeping savannah – a paradise for wildlife and birds – watching for the elusive sitatunga and sable antelope
- Cruise the Chobe River alongside herds of elephants and puku, sun-bathing crocodiles and 4,000-pound hippos
- Stand at the base of the mighty 350-foot tall, 5,600-foot wide Victoria Falls, where water flows from the Zambezi River at a thundering ~38,000 cubic feet per second
Photo: River tour
Arriving in the Okavango Delta is like stepping into an oasis - a watery wonderland filled with wildlife nearly everywhere you look.
Georgia Hunter Greenwich, CT
11 days/10 nights
Livingstone, Zambia (FLLI)
Day 1: Livingstone, Zambia/Victoria Falls
Day 2: Chobe National Park/Linyanti Camp
Day 3: Chobe National Park/Linyanti Camp
Day 4: Chobe National Park/Linyanti Camp
Day 5: Khwai Discoverer Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 6: Khwai Discoverer Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 7: Khwai Discoverer Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 8: Jacana Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 9: Jacana Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 10: Jacana Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 11: Transfer to Maun Airport
Nights 1 to 3: Jacana Camp
Located on a beautiful island and surrounded by the seasonally inundated floodplain and papyrus swamps, Jacana Camp consists of five Meru-style tents built on raised wooden decks to facilitate its panoramic views of the Okavango Delta.
Nights 4 to 6: Khwai Discoverer Camp
Discoverer camps are specifically designed to ensure that old-style camping feel with a clear emphasis on necessary and stylish comfortable interiors, creating a peerless wilderness experience. Discoverer camping aims to bring the guest closer to nature, by means of a lively campfire, hurricane lanterns, wide-ranging activities and a warm atmosphere complimenting the comfort and added luxury of the camps visited.
Nights 7 to 9: Linyanti Discoverer Camp
Our dome tents are well ventilated with a mini veranda and individual hand basins for each guest outside at the tent. Stretcher beds, bedrolls with crisp linen, duvets and pillows, towels and amenities (soap, shower gel and conditioning shampoo) are provided. In addition, there is a shared bedside table, coir mat (inside) and a 12v reading light provided. The tents are large enough to stand in and move easily. The camps aim to provide simple camping comfort that is serviced.
Night 10: Toka Leya Camp
Overlooking the mighty Zambezi River and some of its islands is Toka Leya Camp, consisting of 12 spacious en-suite safari-style tents. Wooden walkways snake between the units and main area, limiting our footprint on this pristine area.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540