Journey from Victoria Falls through the Savuti Channel to the Okavango Delta, the ‘Jewel of the Kalahari,’ by air, 4x4, foot, and dugout mokoro on this ten-day nature and wildlife-rich African expedition.
- Stand at the base of the mighty 350-foot tall, 5,600-foot wide Victoria Falls, where water flows from the Zambezi River at a thundering ~38,000 cubic feet per second
- Keep an eye out for sun bathing crocodiles and two-ton hippos as you cruise Botswana's Chobe River
- Traverse a myriad of changing landscapes, from crystal-clear waterways to fertile savannah, deciduous forest and baobab-dappled plains en route to Linyanti
- Explore the forests, floodplains, wetlands, and grasslands of the Okavango Delta’s Khwai Concession, on the hunt for leopards, lions, elephants, zebras, giraffe, and spotted hyena
- Island hop in the Moremi Game Reserve, quietly observing a profusion of big game and bird life, accessible only by mokoro and on foot
Photo: Leopard cubs on a tree
WIthout a doubt the best vacation we've ever had.
Don Hooper Greensboro, GA
10 days/9 nights
Livingstone, Zambia (FLLI)
Day 1: Livingstone, Zambia- Victoria Falls/River Club
Day 2: Chobe National Park/Linyanti Camp
Day 3: Chobe National Park/Linyanti Camp
Day 4: Chobe National Park/Linyanti Camp
Day 5: Khwai Adventurer Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 6: Khwai Adventurer Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 7: Khwai Adventurer Camp/Okavango Delta
Day 8: Xigera Mokoro Trails/Okavango Delta
Day 9: Xigera Mokoro Trails/Okavango Delta
Day 10: Transfer to Maun Airport
Nights 1 & 2: Mokoro Trail Camp
Nestled in a magnificent riverine forest, Xigera Camp epitomises the region: a tranquil true Okavango Delta experience. Xigera Camp feels like a place apart, a blue-green bubble in which birds sing and baboons bark, people laugh and glide by on mokoro. Each tent looks out over water that idles dreamily past, undisturbed by the urban cacophony of modern living.
Nights 3 to 5: Khwai Adventurer Camp
Discoverer camps are specifically designed to ensure that old-style camping feel with a clear emphasis on necessary and stylish comfortable interiors, creating a peerless wilderness experience. Discoverer camping aims to bring the guest closer to nature, by means of a lively campfire, hurricane lanterns, wide-ranging activities and a warm atmosphere complimenting the comfort and added luxury of the camps visited.
Nights 6 to 8: Linyanti Adventurer Camp
Our dome tents are well ventilated with a mini veranda and individual hand basins for each guest outside at the tent. Stretcher beds, bedrolls with crisp linen, duvets and pillows, towels and amenities (soap, shower gel and conditioning shampoo) are provided. In addition, there is a shared bedside table, coir mat (inside) and a 12v reading light provided. The tents are large enough to stand in and move easily. The camps aim to provide simple camping comfort that is serviced.
The River Club is a sunlit bubble of comfort and hospitality that lies in dappled shade overlooking the Zambezi River, 18km upstream from the world-famous Victoria Falls. Each chalet has one side completely open to the river, so that there is an uninterrupted vista of the shining Zambezi and glorious African sunsets from both bed and bathtub. Overlooking the mighty Zambezi River and some of its islands is Toka Leya Camp, consisting of 12 spacious en-suite safari-style tents. Wooden walkways snake between the units and main area, limiting our footprint on this pristine area.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 10 days/9 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $5,998 / person
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.