Welcome to Costa Rica – a land of unspoiled scenic beauty, protected ecological habitat, and one of the world’s most family-friendly destinations.
- Relax in the sulfur-rich waters of Costa Rica’s hot springs
- Walk through the treetops along the Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Keep an eye out for sloths, agoutis, green iguanas, basilisk lizards and howler, squirrel and white-faced monkeys in the Arenal Rainforest
- Kayak, snorkel, and surf from the beach in Manuel Antonio National Park
- Savor the finger-licking flavors of authentic Costa Rican cuisine and relax and recharge in the comfort of the Hotel Bougainvilla
Photo: Arenal Hanging Bridges
The Costa Rica Family Vacation is a great trip. It was wonderful to see how much the kids got out of it. Once again the innovator, Austin Adventures has done an excellent job of bringing adventure travel safely to the level of grade-school children.
Nancy Schretter Editor, Family Travel Network
7 days/6 nights
San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Arenal Volcano Area
Day 3: Canyoning/ Arenal Hanging Bridges/ Thermal Springs
Day 4: Outrigger Kayak Jaco-Manuel Antonio
Day 5: Hike Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Surf Lessons
Day 7: San Jose (departure)
Set among 10 acres of lush gardens, the unique and comfortable Hotel Bougainvillea is a place where guests can truly experience the world famous beauty of Costa Rica. Original pieces of Costa Rican art complement the stunning landscaped tropical gardens dominated by tall trees, plentiful flowers, ponds and mountain views.
Treat yourself to a once-in-a-lifetime adventure at the Arenal Observatory Lodge. This volcano hotel, perched high on a ridge only 1.7 miles from Arenal, boasts the area’s most stunning views of the volcano and Arenal Lake. Rated the #1 resort in Central and South America by Travel + Leisure Magazine, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time.
The resort’s lush jungle terraces and brilliantly vivid gardens overlook the sparkling ocean just above world-renown Manuel Antonio National Park. Borrowing its name from the local expression, “si como no” (sure, why not), this stunning Greentique Hotels resort is the perfect combination of Pura Vida attitude and barefoot luxury.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Dec 21, 2014
- From $2,898 / person
- ($880 single supplement) Children: $2,398