Costa Rica – “the rich coast” – is renowned not only for its white sand beaches and pristine waters teeming with aquatic life, but also for its virgin rain forest, home to countless species of flora and fauna. Experience the best of both worlds as you explore from coast to mountainous interior on this weeklong adventure.
- Navigate the Sierpe River through the largest mangrove wetlands on the Pacific Coast of Central America before arriving at your Osa Peninsula jungle lodge, accessible only by boat
- Spot tapirs, jaguars and scarlet macaws in Corcovado National Park, deemed “one of the most biologically intense places on earth” by National Geographic
- Learn the history and mystery behind the perfectly spherical hand-carved stones at an ancient Indian burial ground on Caño Island
- Snorkel among colorful coral reefs and picnic beneath coconut palms on a white sand beach
- Come nose to beak with the magnificent quetzal on a private nature reserve in the Savegre Cloud Forest
Photo: Colourful Tucan on a branch
Following the last Austin Adventures vacation, we knew our experience could not be matched; yet amazingly, this trip surpassed all!
Amy Vance Saverna Park, MD
7 days/6 nights
San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Palmar Sur, Sierpe River
Day 3: Corcovado National Park
Day 4: Caño Island
Day 5: Savegre
Day 6: Savegre
Day 7: San Jose
Set among 10 acres of lush gardens, the unique and comfortable Hotel Bougainvillea is a place where guests can truly experience the world famous beauty of Costa Rica. Original pieces of Costa Rican art complement the stunning landscaped tropical gardens dominated by tall trees, plentiful flowers, ponds and mountain views.
A prime location on the edge of Corcovado National Park, offering luxury accommodation, first-class service, exciting activities and the opportunity to unwind. If you are looking for an authentic, remote and unforgettable vacation experience in Costa Rica, you'll find it at Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge. Set above a palm-fringed beach, in tropical gardens surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, this much-loved destination is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure.
Fifty-five miles south of San Jose in a private natural reserve of 400 hectares and just over 5 miles from Los Quetzales National Park, Hotel Savegre is the ideal starting point for exploring Costa Rica's magnificent tropical cloud forest in all its beauty. The Savegre Hotel's services are the perfect complement for every nature lover seeking a memorable experience.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jul 06, 2014
- From $2,898 / person
- ($480 single supplement)
- Dec 26 2013
- Feb 16 2014
- Jul 06 2014