Island hop through gently rolling countryside laced with extensive bike paths, historic ruins, royal castles, thatch-roofed farmhouses and colorful fishing villages on this seven-day Danish Isles adventure.
- Watch the changing of the guards at Amalienborg Palace (home of the Danish Queen) in Copenhagen, a city brimming with Scandinavian elegance and joie-de-vivre
- Fill your lungs with fresh sea air as you pedal the Riviera along a string of fishing villages en route to Helsingør, where Hamlet once roamed
- Explore the museum, chapels and gardens of Hillerød Castle, the most splendid achievement of the Danish Renaissance
- Circumnavigate Aerø Island to a backdrop of sheer cliffs and dune-swept beaches, breaking for a coffee at a neighborhood kro (inn)
- Ponder the ways of the Vikings as you tour the Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde
- Marvel at a castle perched on 12,000 wooden poles over a lake in Egeskov
- Savor a picnic lunch at an open-air market and a dinner of fresh, local seafood for which the Danish Isles are famed
Photo: Bike tour of Frederiksborg Slot
Be sure to stop at the Karen Blixen House! It’s worth the visit!
Desiree Janssen ALA Guide
7 days/6 nights
Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH)
Day 1: Copenhagen
Day 2: Helsingor
Day 3: Helsingor
Day 4: Svendborg
Day 5: Svendborg
Day 6: Faaborg
Day 7: Odense
A four-star hotel in the heart of Copenhagen, the Hotel Phoenix is footsteps from Amalienborg Palace and Kongens Nytorv (The King’s New Square). Bright, airy rooms boast elegant decor from the period of Louis XVI.
The rooms at the elegant Hotel Marienlyst offer beautiful views of either the harbor or the property’s peacecul gardens. Footsteps from the beach and only a short stroll to the marina, Kronborg Castle and the medieval center of Elsinore awaits.
Located in the heart of the city, the Hotel Svendborg offers top-notch, friendly service. Sleek, modern décor and free wireless internet make for perfect home-base for your Svendborg stay.
The exclusive atmosphere and long history of the Hotel Plaza attracts guests from near and far. Within walking distance of many museums and recreational areas, this hotel is located in the heart of Odense and is the perfect place from which to explore the city.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $3,998 / person
- ($680 single supplement)