With sea-swept volcanic terrain and an abundance of exotic creatures as curious about you as you are about them, the Galápagos offers a family-friendly wilderness and wildlife experience like no other.
• Leap over lava bombs, spatter cones and lava tubes on a hike to the top of an inactive volcano
• Earn your bragging rights on a snorkel excursion with white-tipped sharks and manta rays
• Swim with a family of penguins as they fish for their lunch off a rocky shore
• Play hide and seek with a sea lion pup off the nose of your kayak
• Hike to a natural spring, once the stomping ground for visiting pirates
• Watch as a blue-footed booby dances in courtship
• Come nose to nose with a 600-pound, 150-year-old tortoise
• Polish off the day with a plate of BBQ and warm Galapaguena hospitality before calling it a night in your carefully selected island lodge
Photo: Snorkel excursion
The animals, the ocean, the weather, the people, the culture, the food – what’s not to love about the Galápagos!?
Tricia Jansen Guide
8 days/7 nights
Day 1: Quito/Guayaquil, Santa Cruz Island, Franklin Bay, Punta Estrada
Day 2: Sante Fe, Light of Day Cove, Floreana Island, Black Beach
Day 3: Floreana Island
Day 4: Floreana Island, Tortuga Island, Isabela Island
Day 5: Isabela Island, Sierra Negra/Volcan calderas
Day 6: Isabela Island, Los Tuneles
Day 7: Isabela Island, Muro de las Lagrimas, Cerro Orchilla, Humedales, Santa Cruz
Day 8: Santa Cruz, Guayaquil/Quito (departure)
Built in 1995, this lodge has a unique architectural design which blends with the mangrove forest and seafront. Its location allows you to observe the mangrove ecosystem in action as well as the best view of Puerto Ayora's bay. Enjoy the town’s best food at the lodge’s seaside restaurant that features both traditional Galapagos and Japanese cuisine.
Located in Puerto Velasco Ibarra, the Red Mangrove Floreana Lava Lodge is built entirely on pinewood from the mainland forests. Placed in front of the ocean on black lava surface, each cabin has its own bathroom, front porch, and shady reading area so you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings from the comfort of your private living space.
Isabela is the largest of the Galapagos Islands. Formed by six large volcanic domes fused together, this is one of the most volcanically active places on earth. Separated from the ocean only by a broad, white sand, palm-lined beach, our oceanfront Lodge has a beautiful wooden deck by the sea for all to enjoy as well as a roof top terrace with sea vistas for miles. All guest rooms have two luxurious queen size beds and their own private bathroom.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $3,649 / person