If you’re looking for a sea and land-based Galápagos vacation, this is the one for you. Hike, snorkel, kayak and explore five of the archipelago’s most exotic islands on this eight-day land and sea combo Galápagos adventure.
- Snorkel along Punta Espinoza, a narrow piece of land where some of the most unique Galapagos species can be seen, including flightless cormorants, Galapagos snakes, marine iguanas, penguins and the Galapagos hawk
- Make a wet landing on Bartolome Island to experience shallow or deep water snorkeling in search for colorful reef fish
- Enjoy a hike to the volcanic landscape of Darwin Volcano, from the top take in the incredible view of the whole cove and Darwin Lake
- Visit Fernandina Island, one of the most pristine ecosystems in the entire world and also one of the most dynamic
- Watch as a blue-footed booby dances in courtship
- Learn the history of the pirates, whalers and early settlers who took refuge on the islands of the Galápagos
- Embark along the M.C. Athala II, a private sixteen passenger small yacht that offers a relaxed atmosphere and comfortable accommodations
- Get a real feel for the Galápagos by staying at the Galápagos Safari Camp, a luxury tented camp located on Santa Cruz Island
Photo: Sleeping on the beach
8 days/7 nights
Quito, Ecuador (UIO) & Baltra, Ecuador (GPS)
Day 1: Baltra
Day 2: Santiago/Bartolome
Day 3: Isabela
Day 4: Fernandina/Isabela
Day 5: Santiago
Day 6: Santa Cruz
Day 7: Santa Cruz
Day 8: Santa Cruz/Guayaquil or Quito
Nights 1 – 5: M.C. Athala II
A private cruise ship, the sixteen passenger Athala II offers a small yacht atmosphere with comfortable accommodation, a dedicated cruise director to ensure personalized service, and spacious social areas including: a large dining room, lounge with modern technology for presentations, and an al fresco area with outdoor bar. The sundeck is great for whale and dolphin spotting or relaxing in the Jacuzzi. In the evening there is no better place for stargazing. The Athala II offers spacious and comfortable, fully-air conditioned accommodation in eight double staterooms located on two decks. The small maximum number of passengers allows for a private and personalized Galapagos cruise experience.
Nights 6 & 7: Galapagos Safari Camp
Galapagos Safari Camp is a luxury tented camp nestled in the wild highlands of Santa Cruz Island offering an authentic inland experience with stunning views over the Pacific Ocean and the National Park Tortoise Reserve. The brainchild and passion of Michael and Stephanie Mesdag, the idea of the Camp was thought up when the couple climbed a tree on the property before the arrival of their two children who now live with them onsite. Located on an incredibly remote 135 acre private tract of land, the Camp consists of one main lodge as well as nine canvas tents spread across the property. Relax in the infinity pool or choose one of the many personalized activities that the Camp offers.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540