If you’re looking for a land-based Galápagos vacation, this is the one for you. Hike, snorkel, kayak, and sail three of the archipelago’s most exotic islands on this eight-day Galápagos adventure.
- Ramble through 20-foot Lava Tunnels dripping with stalactites
- Snorkel with white-tipped sharks, manta rays and colorful tropical fish
- Swim with penguins and sea lions off a rocky shore
- Hike into the highlands of Floreana to a natural spring that once attracted pirates, whalers and early settlers
- Watch as a blue-footed booby dances in courtship
- Come nose to nose with a 600-pound, 150-year-old tortoise
- Play hide and seek with a doe-eyed sea lion pup off the nose of your kayak
- Trek to the caldera of Sierra Negra – at four miles across, it is the second largest in the world
- Top off the day with a plate of BBQ and warm Galapaguena hospitality before calling it a night in your beautiful island lodge
Photo: Cangrejo on the beach
This trip exceeded my expectations on all levels.
Sarah Duffy Pontiac, IL
8 days/7 nights
Guayaquil, Ecuador or Quito, Ecuador
Day 1: Quito/Guayaquil, Santa Cruz Island, Franklin Bay, Punta Estrada
Day 2: Sante Fe, Light of Day Cove, Floreana Island, Black Beach
Day 3: Floreana Island
Day 4: Floreana Island, Tortuga Island, Isabela Island
Day 5: Isabela Island, Sierra Negra/Volcan calderas
Day 6: Isabela Island, Los Tuneles
Day 7: Isabela Island, Muro de las Lagrimas, Cerro Orchilla, Humedales, Santa Cruz
Day 8: Santa Cruz, Guayaquil/Quito (departure)
Built in 1995, the Aventura is designed to blend seamlessly with the surrounding environment. Immerse yourself in the property’s lush mangrove ecosystem and soak up spectacular views of Puerto Ayora's bay.
Located in Puerto Velasco Ibarra, Floreana Lodge abuts the ocean on a shelf of solidified black lava. Stroll five minutes to town, or three minutes to the "loberia," were you can observe sea lions in their natural environment.
Separated from the ocean only by a broad, white-sand, palm-lined beach, this oceanfront Lodge has a beautiful wooden deck by the sea for all to enjoy as well as a rooftop terrace with never-ending ocean vistas.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/7 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $3,649 / person