Savory French country cuisine, charming market towns, prehistoric cave paintings and peaceful, rolling terrain set the perfect stage for your Bordeaux to Dordogne adventure.
- Marvel at the pilgrimage town of Rocamadour, where medieval homes and churches defy gravity as they cling to rocks 500 feet above the Alzou Valley
- Wander the ancient streets and alleys of the market town of Sarlat
- Kayak a stretch of the Dordogne River past eye-catching castles and charming villages
- Cycle the poplar-lined Vézère River to Les Eyzies to tour the region's most famous prehistoric cave paintings
- Reward yourself at the end of an active day with an appetizer of foie gras or confit de canard and a glass of perfectly aged Bordeaux in the region for which it was named
Photo: Dordogne bike tour
Bicycling is a wonderful way to see the sites in Europe... and also to burn off all the calories from eating the wonderful food!
Stephen Nichalson Centenial, CO
7 days/ 6 nights
Bordeaux, France (BOD)
Day 1: Rocamadour
Day 2: Rocamadour
Day 3: Souillac, Sarlat
Day 4: Sarlat
Day 5: Les Eyzies, Trémolat
Day 6: Trémolat, Cadouin
Day 7: Trémolat
An elegant, charming hotel in the countryside, Hotel Domaine de la Rhue combines old style atmosphere with modern living. The hotel features a large park with swimming pool, an outside terrace and a cozy breakfast room.
Located minutes from the medieval town center of Sarlat, the Hotel Renoir offers comfortable rooms in a peaceful environment. At the end of the day, relax with a glass of wine pool –side or in the quaint hotel lounge.
Big salons, a magnificent park, a sunny terrace and an outside pool made from local yellow stones typical of the Périgord, epitome the timeless elegance of the Hotel Le Vieux Logis. Delight in foie gras and local wine at the hotel’s Michelin-star rated restaurant.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/ 6 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 31, 2014
- From $3,398 / person
- ($680 single supplement)