From castles to kings to vintage cars, this weeklong Loire Valley adventure is a recipe for family fun.
- Pedal at a leisurely pace crisscrossing vast forests, lush vineyards, fields of sunflowers, and quiet villages
- Bike to King François I’s Château de Chambord and count the staircases in the grandiose 440-room estate
- Marvel at the lifelike King Charles VII and Anne of Brittany wax figures at the Château de Langeais
- Ride to Le Clos Lucé in Amboise, the last residence of Leonardo da Vinci, to check out his countless inventions
- Explore Château de Chenonceau, perched gracefully over the Cher River
- Opt for a gentle kayak along the Vienne River and ooh and ahhh over the vintage car collection at Musée Dufresne
- Dine like royalty over an exquisite meal of beef tournedos and handmade cream puffs at the Château de Pray
Photo: Biking in Loire
I just loved the guides, and how organized everything was. All of the details were taken care of.
Melissa Ottenjan Bonita Springs, FL
7 days/6 nights
Paris, France (CDG or ORY)
Day 1: Blois
Day 2: Amboise
Day 3: Loches
Day 4: Azay-le-Rideau
Day 5: Azay-le-Rideau
Day 6: Tours
Day 7: Tours (departure)
Located in the center of Blois facing the Loire River, Hotel Mercure is just a five-minute walk away from the old part of Blois and 10 minutes from the chateau and the Maison de la Magie house of magic. With modern architecture, the hotel features the Quai St Jean restaurant, as well as a bar, swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, and steam bath.
Resembling a tower-flanked castle on the Rhine, Château de Pray lies in the heart of the prestigious Loire Châteaux Region. This 16th century Renaissance château houses antlers, hunting trophies, and a paneled drawing room with a fireplace and a collection of antique oils.
Night 3: Hotel Luccotel
This modern hotel offers comfortable rooms, and great views of the town of Loches. At the end of your day, enjoy a glass of wine in the hotel's restaurant, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
In the heart of La Vallee des Rois, a registered UNESCO world heritage site, sits Hotel le Grand Monarque. This hotel-restaurant offers you a charming stay and relaxation. During your stay, you will discover its enchantment, great comfort, an art of living, and genuine French cuisine.
Recognized for the beauty and charm of its 18th-century architecture, Château de Beaulieu has been named a Monument Historique. The rooms of this château are beautifully decorated in charming French style. You’ll be a few steps away from the banks of the River Loire, and close to the lovely old town of Saumur.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $3,498 / person
- ($780 single supplement) Children: $2,798 to $3,148