Retrace the footsteps of King Charles VIII, Catherine de Medici, Leonardo da Vinci and Joan of Arc as you indulge in rich history, charming villages and world-class cuisine of la Loire.
- Pedal to King François I’s Château de Chambord and count the staircases in the magnificent 440-room estate
- Spend a leisurely day crisscrossing the Loire, cycling dense woodlands, fertile vineyards, sunflower-clad meadows and quiet villages
- Practice your French with a friendly farmer at an open-air market in Loches
- Ride to Le Clos Lucé in Amboise, the last residence of Leonardo da Vinci and home to his many inventions
- Explore the Château de Chenonceau, perched gracefully over the Cher River
- Sip award-winning wine at the world-famous Chinon and Cravant wineries and dine like royalty over an exquisite meal of beeftournedos and handmade cream puffs at the Château de Pray
Photo: Group picnic
We loved everything – the castles, the guides, the biking, the food, the places we stayed, the sites – all of it!
Lindsay Colip Venice, CA
7 days/6 nights
Paris, France (CDG or ORY)
Day 1: Blois
Day 2: Amboise
Day 3: Loches
Day 4: Azay-le-Rideau
Day 5: Azay-le-Rideau
Day 6: Tours
Day 7: Tours (departure)
Located in the center of Blois facing the Loire River, Hotel Mercure is just a five-minute walk away from a the old part of Blois and 10 minutes from the chateau and the Maison de la Magie house of magic. With modern architecture, the hotel features the Quai St Jean restaurant, as well as a bar, swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and steam bath.
Resembling a tower-flanked castle on the Rhine, Chateau de Pray lies in the heart of the prestigious Loire Chateaux Region. This 16th century Renaissance chateau houses antlers, hunting trophies, and a paneled drawing room with a fireplace and a collection of antique oils. The hotel’s restaurant, elected "Table de qualité" by Alain Ducasse, offers Loire cuisine and fixed-price menus of excellent quality.
This modern hotel offers comfortable rooms, and great views of the town of Loches. At the end of your day, enjoy a glass of wine in the hotel's restaurant, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
In the heart of La Vallee des Rois, a registered UNESCO world heritage site, sits Hotel le Grand Monarque. This hotel-restaurant offers you a charming stay and relaxation. During your stay, you will discover its enchantment, great comfort, and genuine French cuisine.
Recognized for the beauty and charm of its 18th-century architecture, Château de Beaulieu has been named a Monument Historique. The rooms in this château are beautifully decorated in charming French style. You’ll also be able to enjoy a heated swimming pool, billiards room, and terrace.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 15, 2014
- From $3,498 / person
- ($780 single supplement)
- Jun 15 2014
- Jun 29 2014
- Jul 27 2014
- Sep 07 2014
- Sep 14 2014