Follow a spectacular shoreline from Barfleur to Bayeux, snaking through fishing harbors, along windswept seaside plateaus, past historic WWII sites, and into a rolling green countryside peppered with sheep, cattle, and ancient stone farmhouses.
- Pedal to the backdrop of jagged promontories and sandy beaches, enveloped in the smell of the sea
- Snack on a plate of sweet oysters farmed off the shores of Cancale
- Climb to the top of one of France's tallest lighthouses in the fishing port of Barfleur
- Learn about a momentous chapter in American history on a visit to the cemetery above Omaha Beach
- Retrace William the Conqueror’s conquest of England as you walk along the colorful 230-foot Bayeux Tapestry
- Feast on fresh seafood, savory crêpes, Camembert cheese and Calvadosapple brandy before unwinding in the comfort of the majestic 16thcentury Château de Sully
Photo: WWII tank in Arromanches France
Every year we say the same thing: 'Best Vacation EVER!' Ron and Luek were amazing as always. They really went above and beyond.
John & Holly Schenck Providence, RI
6 days/5 nights
Paris, France (CDG or ORY)
Day 1: St-Vaast
Day 2: St-Vaast
Day 3: Bayeux
Day 4: Bayeux
Day 5: Bayeux
Day 6: Caen
Located in the center of a small fishing port, Hotel La Granitière is a delightful hotel surrounded by the lush Normandy countryside. The local oysters are reputed to be some of the finest in France, and the sheltered location encourages almost tropical vegetation, including mimosa and palm trees.
Between sea and countryside... a subtle scent of aristocracy. Step into the atmosphere of a beautiful home brimming with French-style tradition. Discover its distinctive rooms shared between the chateau and the manor.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 17, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($580 single supplement)