The magnificent region of Provence offers an ideal mix of dry climate, picturesque hill towns, Roman ruins, and landscapes blanketed in lavender, sunflowers, vineyards, and olive groves.
- Pedal to the 2,000-year-old Pont du Gard aqueduct, an engineering marvel constructed in places of six-ton stone blocks
- Stroll the narrow streets of Uzès, where imposing medieval towers offer postcard-perfect views of the city and surrounding countryside
- Taste the difference between the black tanche and buttery greenpicholine olive at an open-air market in St-Rémy-de-Provence
- Pedal the chalky limestone hills of the Alpilles surrounding Les Baux-de-Provence
- Step into a Van Gogh canvas of cornfields, sunflowers, and drawbridges in Arles
- Savor a well-earned meal of bouillabaisse, topped off with a sweet Beaumes-de-Venise dessert wine, a plate of fromage de chèvre or a bowl of lavender-infused sorbet
Photo: Couple biking in Provence
I liked the whole experience. This was the best trip I’ve ever taken!
Howard Snyder Rock Hill, South Carolina
6 days/5 nights
Avignon, France (AVN)
Day 1: Uzès
Day 2: Uzès
Day 3: St-Rémy-de-Provence
Day 4: St-Rémy-de-Provence
Day 5: St-Rémy-de-Provence
Day 6: Avignon
Secretly hidden behind thick walls, the Château of Arpaillargues has all the sweet charm of a Provencal stately home. A historical chateau, Arpaillargues has always been associated with literature as Marie de Flavigny, countess of Agoult, lived here. Her home was since restored and today it is an elegant, discreet residence at the heart of the Uzès countryside.
Nights 3-5: Hotel les Ateliers de l’Image
Hotel Les Ateliers de L'Image offers guests a contemporary and refined universe in the heart of Saint Remy de Provence. Since this hotel was established around a photography theme, you can enjoy a dedicated gallery with a private collection, projection hall, and fully equipped photo-labs. Hotel Les Ateliers de L'Image has been featured in Condé Nast Traveler as one of 80 Best New Hip Hotels.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 08, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($580 single supplement)
- Apr 20 2014
- Jun 08 2014
- Sep 07 2014
- Oct 12 2014