Welcome to Provence: a vibrant tapestry of fertile vineyards, ancient ruins, colorful markets and the ubiquitous fragrance of honey, thyme, and lavender. Indulge in the earthly pleasures of this magnificent region, rich in history, rustic elegance, and world-renowned cuisine.
- Soak up one of the grandest views in all of Provence on a deserted rocky promontory in Les Baux.
- Follow the Sénancole river gorge to Gordes, a tiny village clinging to the edge of the Vaucluse Plateau, where ancient stone castles glow orange in the morning sun.
- Climb from Saint-Remy into the hills of the Alpilles and walk the cedar woods and limestone cliffs of the Petit Luberon en route to Menerbes, once the home of famed author Peter Mayle.
- Reward yourself at the end of each day with an exquisite meal, topped off with a sweet local dessert wine, a plate of fromage de chèvre, and a bowl of lavender-infused sorbet.
Photo: Provence, world-renowned cuisine
I liked the whole experience. This was the best trip I’ve ever taken!
Howard Snyder Rock Hill, South Carolina
7 days/6 nights
Avignon, France (AVN)
Day 1: Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
Day 2: Saint-Remy de Provence
Day 3: Ménerbes
Day 4: Menerbes
Day 5: Gordes
Day 6: Gordes
Day 7: Avignon (departure)
Opened in 1998 and extended in 2002, Hotel Les Ateliers de L'Image offers guests a contemporary and refined universe in the heart of Saint Remy de Provence. Since this hotel was established around a photography theme, you can enjoy a dedicated gallery with a private collection, projection hall, and fully equipped photo-labs. Hotel de l'Image has been featured in Condé Nast Traveler as one of 80 Best New Hip Hotels.
Located in the most prestigious area of Le Lubéron, at the foot of the restored village of Mènerbes, Hostellerie Le Roy Soleil presents an impeccable Provencal-style decor and sweeping views overlooking the village. This 17th century farmhouse has been lovingly restored. Modern cuisine is served under vaulted ceilings in the dining room and on a flower-decked terrace.
Le Gordos is situated in the heart of the Luberon Valley, at the entrance of Gordes. A picturesque village perched on a hill, it is one of the most desired locations in this region. This hotel offers you calming freshness and relaxation, in a luxury location, surrounded by a magnificent park.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 01, 2014
- From $3,598 / person
- ($880 single supplement)
- Apr 13 2014
- Jun 01 2014
- Sep 14 2014
- Oct 19 2014