Bavaria, Southern Germany: a region where villages are meticulously maintained, where history is shared through art, architecture and lore, and where spectacular scenery and world-class beers offer the perfect reward to a day of hiking.
- Catch a ride on a cable car to the summit of ~10,000-foot Zugspitze Mountain for spectacular views of the Kaisergebirge, the Dachstein and the High Alps of Tyrol
- Ascend through woodlands to Eckbauer Peak, listening for the symphony of cow bells and taking in the onion-domed churches in the surrounding Wetterstein range
- Trace the footsteps of “Mad” King Ludwig II on the frescoed streets of Oberammergau and at his one-time home, the 19th-century neo-gothic Hohenschwangau Castle
- Circumvent Lake Freibergsee to a backdrop of phlox and harebell-gilded meadows
- Wrap up your stay with a massage and a grand Bavarian feast in Oberstdorf
Photo: Group hiking
We have traveled with Euro-Bike for years. Austin Adventures added little details to enhance the experience.
7 days/6 nights
Munich, Germany (MUC)
- Day 1: Grainau
- Day 2: Grainau
- Day 3: Füssen
- Day 4: Füssen
- Day 5: Oberstdorf
- Day 6: Oberstdorf
- Day 7: Munich
Nights 1 & 2: Hotel Waxenstein
This hotel with a 100-year old tradition is the ideal starting point for all walks in the region. Indulge in regional and international cuisine in the comfortable restaurant with its breathtaking view of the Zugspitze. Hotel Waxenstein takes you away from the daily grind as you benefit from holistic wellness. Experience an atmosphere that exudes tranquility. Let its Aroma Essential Spa pamper you as you take some well-deserved personal time.
Nights 3 & 4: Hotel Hirsch
This historical, family-owned hotel (four generations) is only steps away from the town’s pedestrian zone. It is built in the “Art Nouveau” style, combining elegantly modern comfort and Bavarian ambience. You will be enchanted by the charm of the hotel, which emanates from the chicly decorated and elegantly furnished rooms as well as from the décor of the restaurant, making it a perfect place to relax and enjoy your vacation.
The Parkhotel Frank is a family-run hotel which has gained its prestige through diligence and enthusiasm. Its charm and warmth, coupled with exquisite cuisine and a high class ‘Well-being’ center has earned the Parkhotel Frank the top position in town. Your stay will be in spacious and tasteful rooms with a peaceful and calming atmosphere. Unpack your cases and indulge yourself in the elegant bathrooms. The wellness area includes a cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, large sauna area, equipped with Finnish sauna, cold splash pool, steam bath in the rock grotto and solarium. Cosmetic and massage treatments are an extra delight.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: May 11, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($780 single supplement)
- May 11 2014
- Jun 08 2014
- Aug 17 2014