Pedal Germany’s abundant wine-growing region from Trier to Koblenz, exploring imperial cities, majestic castles, lush gardens and ancient Roman artifacts on this six-day adventure following the gentle, meandering path of the Mosel River.
- Sip award-winning wine in Neumagen, Germany’s oldest wine village
- Explore traditional half-timbered houses in the lively town of Bernkastel
- Take in the bustling village markets of Cochem, where vineyards blanket the neighboring hills like a patchwork quilt
- Hike into the forest to the fairytale Burg Eltz Castle, one of the most spectacular and best preserved castles in Germany
- Sip a glass of crisp Riesling, indulge in a plate of apple strudel and relax in the comfort of your hotel as you take in the magic of the Mosel’s timeless charm
Photo: Bike tour around the Mosel River
It’s a treat being able to see the country like the locals see it.
Tracy & Linda Sunderlage Huntley, IL
6 days/5 nights
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (LUX)
Day 1: Trier
Day 2: Neumagen
Day 3: Zeltingen
Day 4: Cochem
Day 5: Koblenz
Day 6: Koblenz (departure)
Originally a country inn, Hotel Eurener Hof is now a first class hotel. Four generations later, it still offers a friendly atmosphere and personalized service. Its traditional architecture has been restored time and again by master craftsmen using natural materials such as hewn stone, wood and natural substances and textiles.
Set beautifully on the Mosel River in the far west of Germany, zur Post provides a good base from which to visit the nearby towns and villages. Enjoy elegant accommodations with modern facilities surrounded by vineyards and forests.
Close to the historical market place, Hotel St-Stephanus is set in the midst of the sunny, picture-perfect landscape of the Mittelmosel Zeltingen Rachtig. Besides elegant accommodations, you will also enjoy succulent dishes from the first-class gourmet kitchen.
Located close to the center of town, Hotel Kessler-Meyer, offers many relaxation options such as a cozy terrace, swimming pool with sauna, whirlpool and Roman steam-bath. It’s also minutes from beautiful, narrow streets full of shops, galleries and restaurants.
Hotel Mercure is located right on the Rhine river in the city center of Koblenz. Here you will enjoy all the conveniences and comfort you expect with exceptional accommodations and a cordial and attentive staff.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 31, 2014
- From $2,698 / person
- ($580 single supplement)