Medieval towns, quiet country roads, magnificent castles, and charming locals set the perfect stage for your weeklong adventure from Nördlingen to Wertheim along Germany’s Middle Ages trade route, the Romantic Road.
- Explore crooked streets, half-timbered houses and a 14th-century wall in the picture-perfect town of Nördlingen
- Coast through pastures and fields of sunflowers along farming roads closed to four-wheeled traffic
- Watch a falcon flight show at Schillingsfürst Castle
- Pedal to Rothenburg, a vibrant village of cliff-side gardens, impressive art and an intriguing criminal museum, and enjoy a guided evening walk with a spirited night watchman
- Pedal beneath a thick forest canopy along the meandering path of the Tauber River
- Sip a home-brewed beer and indulge in a dinner of bratwurst,kartoffelknödeln (potato dumplings) and apple pancakes before retiring for a restful sleep in the comfort of the Hotel Victoria
Photo: Street parade
We have traveled with Euro-Bike for years. Austin Adventures added little details to enhance the experience.
The Kosandas Naperville, IL
7 days/6 nights
Munich, Germany (MUC)/ Frankfurt, Germany(FRA)
Day 1: Nördlingen
Day 2: Dinkelsbühl
Day 3: Rothenburg
Day 4: Rothenburg
Day 5: Bad Mergentheim
Day 6: Wertheim
Day 7: Frankfurt (departure)
Linked to the historic wing of the monastery church, the NH Klösterle Nördlingen is located in the center of the old town on the Romantic Road. The Klösterle offers modern accommodations and it’s very well appointed with artwork.
This 15th century family-owned hotel is one of the most beautiful of its kind in Southern Germany. Still exudes an old Franconian charm and warmth, making it an ideal place to stay a romantic break or touring holiday.
A customs house back in 1264, Hotel Markusturm sits on a picturesque location in a medieval town. Eight centuries later, it has been transformed into a hotel for visitors from all over the world.
Night 5: Hotel Victoria
Conveniently located next to the center of town, Hotel Victoria is a legendary and charming hotel. Its exclusive ambiance, stylish rooms, and excellent cuisine spoils the most discerning guests.
Night 6: Hotel Schwan
Located at the center of the Franconian wine country – was built onto the former city walls and the old city gate of the medieval Wertheim. Combine this with the gorgeous surroundings and you are sure to have a very personal experience.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: May 18, 2014
- From $2,798 / person
- ($480 single supplement)
- May 18 2014
- Jun 15 2014
- Aug 24 2014
- Sep 21 2014