Emerald pastures, wildflower-strewn meadows, cobblestone villages, and working windmills set the perfect stage for family fun on this six-day adventure through Holland’s pristine northern territory.
- Pedal along the Zuiderzee past meadows peppered with sheep and traditional straw-roofed farmhouses
- Explore the inside of a 17th century working windmill
- Get up-close with giant storks and colorful peacocks on the grounds of the Château de Havixhorst
- Take a boat trip through Giethoorn, coined the “Venice of the North” for its narrow canals, thatched houses and hump-back bridges
- Sip a garden aperitif and choose from 100 variations of tasty pancakes at a Dutch pancake restaurant
Photo: Children running through a flower field
This was an incredible adventure. Our guides provided us with wonderful local history and stories while watching out for our safety as we bicycled through Holland. A perfect experience!
Marcia Rintoul E. Longmeadow, MA
6 days/5 nights
Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
Day 1: Enkhuizen
Day 2: Lemmer
Day 3: Staphorst
Day 4: Odoorn
Day 5: Odoorn
Day 6: Amsterdam (departure)
A delightful oasis for relaxation and ideal location for escaping from busy cities, Hotel Suydersee is right in the center of a typical historic harbor town. You’ll be near the famous outdoor Zuiderzee museum, the polder land for biking, old canals for sport fishing and canoeing, and the largest lake of Holland for sailing and surfing.
A modern hotel overlooking the marina, Hotel Isamar offers luxury, relaxation and superb cuisine. At the hotel's restaurant, you'll savor French-Mediterranen cuisine as you take in splendid views over the yachting boats.
An excellent, quiet and luxurious hotel, Chateau De Havixhorst offers eight enormous, elegantly furnished suites with bath and separate shower. The hotel’s restaurant serves outstanding food and the wine cellar offers an extensive selection of excellent wines.
Situated in the heart of the wooded Hondsrug hill range and its famous megalithic monuments, Hotel Lubbelinkhof is a charming hotel and reputed gourmet restaurant. This cozy and casually elegant hotel successfully combines green surroundings and a rustic setting with stylish and contemporary interiors.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 03, 2014
- From $2,898 / person
- ($480 single supplement) Children: $2,318 to $2,608