Emerald pastures, wildflower-strewn meadows, cobblestone villages, and working windmills create the quintessential Dutch backdrop on this seven-day adventure through Holland’s pristine northern territory.
- Wind your way through the cresting dunes and lovely neighborhoods of Haarlem
- Traverse canals by wooden drawbridge in the seafaring town of Schermerhorn
- Ferry to Stavoren and bike the quiet roads along Lake IJsselmeer to the old port of Hindeloopen
- Pedal through dense forest to Giethoorn, coined the “Venice of the North” for its narrow canals, thatched houses and hump-back bridges
- Take in the sweet aroma of tulips, hyacinth and daffodils in the kaleidoscopic gardens of the Keukenhof, where over six million bulbs flower each spring
- Choose from hundreds of different pancakes at a Dutch pancake restaurant in Odoorn
- Sip a garden aperitif and savor fresh wilde zalm (wild salmon) andsalade van spinkrab (spider crab salad) before retiring to the comfort of the historic Château de Havixhorst
Photo: Countryside windmill
Tom was an excellent guide - very knowledgeable about the history and people of the country. He was patient and flexible in accommodating the needs and wishes of this group. We really enjoyed his insight and his sense of humor! He worked very hard to make sure we all had a great time.
Carol Lane Danville, California
7 days/6 nights
Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
Day 1: Haarlem
Day 2: Enkhuizen
Day 3: Lemmer
Day 4: Staphorst
Day 5: Odoorn
Day 6: Odoorn
Day 7: Amsterdam
Located in the heart of the fascinating medieval city of Haarlem, Hotel Lion d’Or combines service, style and comfort with rich history. Established around 1810, this hotel offers modern appointments with up-to-date amenities, plus a bar and brasserie.
A delightful oasis for relaxation and ideal location for escaping from busy cities, Hotel Suydersee is right in the center of this historic harbor town. You’ll be near the famous outdoor Zuiderzee museum, the polder land for biking, old canals for sport fishing and canoeing, and the largest lake of Holland for sailing and surfing.
A modern hotel overlooking the marina, Hotel Isamar offers luxury, relaxation and superb cuisine. At the hotel's restaurant, you'll savor French-Mediterranen cuisine as you take in splendid views over the yachting boats.
An excellent, quiet, and luxurious hotel, Château De Havixhorst offers eight enormous, elegantly furnished suites with bath and separate shower. The hotel’s restaurant serves outstanding food and the wine cellar offers an extensive selection of excellent wines.
Situated in the heart of the wooded Hondsrug hill range and its famous megalithic monuments, Hotel Lubbelinkhof is a charming hotel and reputed gourmet restaurant. This cozy and casually elegant hotel successfully combines green surroundings and a rustic setting with stylish and contemporary interiors.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Apr 27, 2014
- From $3,198 / person
- ($580 single supplement)
- Apr 13 2014
- Apr 20 2014
- Apr 27 2014
- May 04 2014
- Jun 01 2014
- Jul 06 2014
- Aug 10 2014