If you’ve never tasted a Belgium french fry with spicysauce Américaine, you’re in for a treat! Savor the unique flavors, quaint harbor towns, scenic canals, and first-class art of Holland and Belgium on this six-day adventure.
- Pedal amid traditional Dutch windmills in Middelburg, famed for its onion-domed bell tower and Gothic town hall
- Ferry to Breskens and ride along the dunes of the North Sea coast to the lively beach resort of Cadzand-Bad
- Explore the famous Flemish art museums of Bruges and bike along canals peppered with swans in the village’s medieval center
- Coast through castle-clad woodlands around Hertsberge, following the Leie River as it snakes lazily through rich green meadows in Deinze
- Raise a glass of Belgium beer to yet another memorable day on your two-wheeled journey as you savor a bowl of steamed mussels, a plate of fries and a dessert of homemade chocolates and pralines
Photo: Quaint Belgian architecture
With 130 breweries and over 400 types of beer, Belgium is considered the gastronomic center of brewing. Be sure to sample some of the native varieties such as Kriek, a refreshing summer beer made with cherries.
Anneke Peelen Guide
6 days/5 nights
Brussels, Belgium (BRU)
Day 1: Middelburg
Day 2: Middelburg
Day 3: Bruges
Day 4: Bruges
Day 5: Gent
Day 6: Brussels
Hotel de Nieuwe Doelen offers a pleasant ambiance in a beautiful building with a lovely and quiet garden and a relaxing lounge.
Make a toast at the lounge bar with terrace, relax at the indoor swimming pool or sauna and indulge in the tranquility and immaculate environment of a unique city.
A stylish and contemporary hotel set in two remodeled townhouses, NH Hotel Gent features an elegant décor, comfortable accommodations, and modern amenities.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 17, 2014
- From $2,898 / person
- ($480 single supplement)