Cascade by raft or inflatable kayak down 60 miles of Idaho’s Salmon River, famous for its playful rapids, massive sandy beaches and historic Nez Perce Indian sites on this seven-day Salmon River family adventure.
- Count the “pit houses” once inhabited by Nez Perce predecessors that have dotted the banks of the Salmon for centuries
- Hoot ‘n holler as you descend the rapids of Wright Way and Demon’s Drop
- Relax after a day on the water with a dip or a good book as the kids play horseshoes with the guides
- Learn the history of the Chinese minors who scoured the land for gold in the late 1800’s
- High five after tackling the splashy rapids of Cougar and Snow Hole Canyon
- Float with Idaho to your right and Oregon to your left at the confluence of the Idaho and Snake Rivers in Hells Canyon
- Savor an artfully prepared dinner and s’mores around a crackling fire before calling it a night beneath a starlit sky*This trip is operated in partnership with ROW Adventures.
Photo: Youth rafting down river
Best vacation we've ever had. Kids had a blast from day one till the end.
James Jones Intercession City, FL
7 days/6 nights
Lewiston, Idaho (LWS)
Day 1: Lewiston
Day 2: Lewiston / Nez Perce Historical Park / Whitebird / Salmon River
Day 3: Salmon River
Day 4: Salmon River
Day 5: Salmon River
Day 6: Snake River/Lewiston
Day 7: Lewiston
Only three miles from the Lewiston airport, the Red Lion offers free airport shuttle service and wireless Internet access. Arrive early to take advantage of indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs.
Nights 2-5: Deluxe Riverside Camping
On trips with 13 or more guests, a large 22-foot cargo raft carries the bulk of your camping gear and food. The cargo raft, along with a support crew, will arrive at camp ahead of the group to set up the kitchen and dining area. The crew will also set up your spacious two-person tents that are provided for you. When we arrive at camp all you have to do choose your tent and roll out your sleeping bag, flannel liner, and thick, self-inflating foam sleeping pad (also provided.)
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $1,898 / person
- ($180 single supplement) Children: $1,698