Follow the Etsch River (or Adige River, as it’s called in Italy) on a gentle, predominately downhill ride from South Tyrol to Lake Garda, with the majestic peaks of the Alps and Dolomites as your backdrop.
- Cycle along the Inn River to the Cistercian Abbey of Stams, and on to the delightful town of Imst, whose center boasts over 30 fountains
- Visit the San Procolo church in Naturns, home to magnificent eighth-century frescoes, the oldest in the German-speaking world
- Pedal to the lively village of Bolzano, whose Museum of Archaeology displays Ötzi, a mummified corpse discovered in 1991 after spending 5300 years frozen in Alpine ice!
- Sip a local varietal in the lakeside wine-growing village of Kaltern
- Pause at a roadside stand along the Adige River and savor the sweet, crisp crunch of one of the biggest and juiciest apples you’ve ever tasted
Photo: Village of Bolzano
Everything was smooth and seamless, as always. Great directions, great encouragement, great hotels and food. We could not have wished for more in any way.
Deanna Dally Puyallup, WA
8 days/ 7 nights
Day 1: Burgeis
Day 2: Merano
Day 3: Merano
Day 4: Bolzano
Day 5: Trento
Day 6: Riva del Garda
Day 7: Riva del Garda
Day 8: Verona (departure)
Night 1: Hotel Mohren & Plavina
Hotel Mohren & Plavina is a traditional country inn in the center of the idyllic village of Burgeis. Relax in a wellness room, by the indoor pool or on an outdoor sunbathing area.
Situated on the Passer River in the heart of Merano, the family-operated Hotel Meranerhof has been offering tastefully furnished rooms and a personal, friendly atmosphere for over 40 years.
Built in 1910 and restored with great love for detail, the four-star ParkHotel Laurin in the heart of Bolzano offers modern comfort and service with an original Art Nouveau ambience.
Refined style radiates in every detail of the Grand Hotel Trento, from the exquisite wood inlays to the elegant marble and the discreet but attentive service.
Relax in the shade of a palm tree by the pool, take a short walk to the beautiful Lake Garda or visit the Dolce Vita wellness center, complete with Turkish/ Mediterranean Baths and Kneipp water therapy at the Parc Hotel Flora.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 8 days/ 7 nights
- Next Departure: Jun 15, 2014
- From $3,998 / person
- ($780 single supplement)
- Jun 15 2014
- Jun 22 2014
- Aug 31 2014
- Sep 07 2014