Welcome to your classic Tuscan adventure – to six full days of mouth-watering food, rolling vineyards, weathered hillside villas, and vibrant cities brimming with art, history, and old-world charm.
- Pedal the vineyard-clad hills of Chianti Classico, soaking up a quintessential golden-green Tuscan landscape dotted with sheep,castelli, cypress trees, and olive orchards
- Visit the marbled Duomo in Siena on a guided walk and savor a homemade lunch served by Mamma Licia in the village of Chiusure
- Bike to Monteriggioni, a village surrounded by 14 medieval towers, and explore the quaint streets, art galleries and gelaterie in San Gimignano
- Dine as the Medici family once did on crostini ai funghi porcini (a Tuscan specialty: toast with mushrooms), ossobuco alla Toscana and homemadetorta, washed down with a glass of bold Chianti or crisp Vernaccia di San Gimignano
Photo: Group of bikers in Tuscany
One of my favorite lunches in Tuscany is in a tiny village where the tables are set in a narrow square, just for us. Mamma Licia brings our hard cheeses, cold meats, breads, salads and vino rosso, or course. The best are the tomatoes - they taste just like they were meant to. When I look around - at the happy face of soon-to-be friends, at the perfect little square - the world comes to a standstill.
Ron van Dijk European Expert
6 days/5 nights
Florence, Italy (FLR)
Day 1: Siena
Day 2: Siena
Day 3: Siena
Day 4: San Gimignano
Day 5: Artimino
Day 6: Florence (departure)
A heaven of greenery and peacefulness, the Hotel Villa Scacciapensieri is located in the city, yet it’s surrounded by its own garden and a luxurious park of oak trees. Its peaceful and traditional setting is ideal for relaxing the mind and body.
Located in San Gimignano, a town of fairytales with medieval towers, the Hotel la Cisterna is an atmospheric four-story hotel housed in a stone-walled 14th-century palace. Youʼll be surrounded by splendid views and the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
Rustic style meets maximum comfort at the Hotel Paggeria Medicea. Situated on a peaceful location, this hotel offers stupendous views of the surrounding hills while offering the highest level of hospitality.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: May 11, 2014
- From $3,298 / person
- ($580 single supplement)
- Apr 06 2014
- Apr 13 2014
- Apr 20 2014
- May 11 2014
- May 18 2014
- Jun 08 2014
- Aug 31 2014
- Oct 12 2014
- Oct 19 2014