In Northwestern Montana, where the American and Canadian Rockies shake hands, Glacier National Park’s pristine forests, alpine meadows, rugged mountains and spectacular lakes offer an ideal haven for family fun.
- Learn the legend of the female Blackfeet Indian warrior for which the beautiful Running Eagle Falls were named
- Cool off with a swim in Lower Two Medicine Lake beneath the towering façade of Rising Wolf Mountain
- Ride the Red Jammer Bus along the world-famous Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Fish the pristine waters of Avalanche Lake, keeping an eye out for mountain goats, big horn sheep and deer
- Step into the set of A River Runs Through It as you raft the unspoiled waters of the Flathead River
- Bike secluded backcountry trails in Flathead Valley
- Try your hand at paddle boarding on Whitefish Lake and soak up Glacier National Park's grand scenery on a gondola ride down Whitefish Mountain
Photo: Biker on going-to-the-sun road
Best family trip ever! Our son was in tears over having to leave hsi new friends. The hardest part isn't going home - it's how to pick which AA trip to book next!
Julie Halverson Oak Creek, WI
6 days/5 nights
Kalispell, MT (FCA)
Day 1: Whitefish/ Two Medicine Lake
Day 2: Goat Lick Crossing/ Hidden Lake/ Lake McDonald
Day 3: Going to the Sun Road/ Mountain Majesty Tour
Day 4: Avalanche Lake Hike/ Flathead River Raft
Day 5: Flathead Valley Bike/ Whitefish lake
Day 6: Big Mountain/ Whitefish/ Kalispell
Built in 1912, the lodge is nestled in East Glacier at the foot of Dancing Lady Mountain. With an outdoor swimming pool, day spa, lounge and fine dining restaurant, this property is an exception to the common “basic needs only” national park properties.
Lake McDonald Lodge is a three-and-one-half-story structure built on the eastern shore of glaciated, picturesque Lake McDonald. In keeping in the era in which all of the rooms were built, they offer guests modest amenities and old-world style accommodations resulting in a one-of-a kind, National Park lodging experience.
Treat yourself to the premier choice in Montana lodging at Grouse Mountain Lodge. Inside, you're surrounded by the rustic luxury of an upscale western Montana lodge. Guest rooms combine warmth and appeal with design and spaciousness to provide that pampered feeling.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $2,698 / person
- ($680 single supplement)