From Little Big Horn and the Beartooth Mountains to Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley and Cody’s rollicking Rodeo, there’s no better place to garner a true taste of the Wild West than here in Austin Adventures’ own backyard.
- Step back in time on a visit to Little Bighorn Battlefield, a memorial to the Sioux and Cheyenne, and to the U.S. Army’s 7th Cavalry
- Get up-close and personal with a giant grizzly, a friendly lynx, and a great horned owl on a private tour of Billings' ZooMontana
- Hike into Montana's beautiful backcountry working up an appetite for a bison burger at the famous Grizzly Bar in Roscoe
- Journey to the “Top of the World” on the Beartooth Highway for spectacular 360-degree views and the chance to play in the snow in the middle of summer!
- Channel your inner cowboy as you ride horseback through Montana’s prairieland
- Soak up the sunrise over Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley, in search of wolves, bears, bison, elk and antelope
- Hoot and holler at the Cody Stampede Rodeo
Photo: Elk Crossing
We are a three generation family with a wide range of abilities and stamina. Our guides were OUTSTANDING at meeting those individual needs, without affecting the rest of the group.
6 days/5 nights
- Day 1: Billings
- Day 2: Red Lodge
- Day 3: Cooke City
- Day 4: Lamar Valley
- Day 5: Cody
- Day 6: Billings
This Four-Star hotel is located in the heart of downtown Billings. Reopened in early 2013, the Northern invites you to relax in the luxuriously renovated guest rooms featuring warm, contemporary interiors by award-winning designer, Mitch Thompson. With 24-hour room service and unique in-room amenities (do you like aquariums?), the hotel has dotted every I and crossed every T in creating a luxurious Western experience.
Steeped in history, The Pollard is located in the former mining town of Red Lodge, at the edge of the Rocky Mountains and is the destination hotel near the Yellowstone’s east entrance. Open the French doors in your suite to a private balcony, or relax by the fire with a rich coffee in The Gallery, or appreciate a single malt scotch and a good book in the History Room.
Located in Cooke City, right near the Northeast entrance to Yellowstone, the Alpine Motel's rustic charm mirrors the stunning scenery surrounding it.
Step back in time into the old west of today at the Irma Hotel, a place the famous hunter and showman Buffalo Bill Cody called, “a gem.” Here, you can stay in historic rooms that housed some of the most iconic figures of the West: Frederic Remington, Annie Oakley, and Calamity Jane. Fancy enough for royalty, and comfortable enough for cowboys and cowgirls, the Irma Hotel exemplifies the spirit of Cody, Wyoming!
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Aug 17, 2014
- From $1,998 / person
- ($380 single supplement) Children: $1,598-$1,798
- Jun 22 2014
- Jun 29 2014
- Jul 20 2014
- Aug 17 2014
- Aug 24 2014