From the imperial cities of Fez and Meknes to the desert sands of the Sahara, soak up Morocco’s finest souks and kasbahs, local Berber culture, and spectacular High Atlas scenery on foot, camel, and bike on this 11-day North African adventure.
- Wander a maze of narrow alleys and bustling souks on a walking tour of the 2,000-year old medina of Fez
- Try your hand at local tajine, grillade, couscous or pastilla at a cooking class
- Descend from Dades Gorge to Roses Valley by bike to a backdrop of river scenery and blue desert sky
- Lunch in the Berbere Palace and peruse the traditional town of Ai Ben Haddou, overlooking the set of Gladiator
- Ride camels along an ancient caravan trading route through the Saharan dessert
- Travel the rugged Road of a Thousand Kasbahs
- Cycle remote farmland of Zat Valley to the old Jewish village of Tamazdert
- Listen to the intoxicating beat of Berber drums during a traditional pouring of mint tea, and delight in a Moroccan feast of harira (lentil and tomato) soup, a savory tajine (stew with meat and vegetables) and couscous
Photo: Camel resting
We had a wonderful time. What a stress-free way to travel. Thank you!
Mary Anne McGrath Oakville, ON
11 days/10 nights
Casablanca (CAS)/Marrakech, Morocco (RAK)
Majestically perched on the south hill with breathtaking views of the 12 centuries old Medina, Palais Faraj Suites & Spa invites you to experience the uniqueness of Fez in refinement and comfort. A harmonious combination of elegance and authenticity, the Palais Faraj is also an architectural gem of rare beauty, designed by the famous architect and interior designer Jean-Baptiste Barian, a specialist in Arab Andalusia architecture.
Your Moroccan adventure isn’t complete without an overnight in a traditional Bedouin Tent. Experience a sense of timelessness as you enjoy a traditional meal and a restful night’s sleep in the silent Saharan Desert, unchanged since the days of the spice, gold and indigo caravans.
Surrounded by majestic mountains at the very spine of the Atlas range, the Kasbah Xaluca Dades offers panoramic views of the Dades Valley, sprinkled with friendly Berber villages and snowy peaks. Rooms are exquisitely decorated with materials from different African countries.
Night 6: Ighnda Palace
Known for its warm Moroccan hospitality and beautiful pool, the luxurious Ighnda Palace is at once traditional and hip – the perfect place to unwind after an active day, soaking up the views of the surrounding Atlas mountains.
The Kasbah du Toubkal (1800m), is just 60km from Marrakech and is situated at the foot of Jbel Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa. Described by Condé Nast Traveller as “having the best rooftop views in North Africa”.
Originally built in the 18th century, Riad Kniza was restored using traditional materials to recreate an authentic Moroccan experience. An attentive staff spares no effort to make you feel at home and ensure that your stay is unforgettable.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 11 days/10 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540