Soar above the sand dunes in Sossusvlei. Cruise the scintillating Atlantic coast alongside pods of playful dolphins. Track desert-adapted rhino in Damaraland. Peppered with tantalizing topography and prolific wildlife, this Namibian adventure is not to be missed.
- Cruise Walvis Bay and the ice-blue Atlantic coast by catamaran, sampling local oysters and watching for pelicans, dolphins, flamingos, fur seals, and leatherback turtles
- Step into an ancient glacial landscape in Damaraland, on the hunt for elephants, desert black rhinos, zebra, kudu, giraffe, springbok, and the elusive cheetah
- Embark on a full-day game drive into the massive, moon-like salt pans of Etosha National Park, home to the highest density of wildlife in Namibia
- Soak up the early morning glow of Sossusvlei’s towering red dunes on an optional hot air balloon or horseback ride
Photo: Driving by an elephant on a safari
For the second time, Austin Adventures has exceeded our wildest expectations. We'll be back for sure!
Patty Shillington Coral Gables, FL
10 days/9 nights
Windhoek, Namibia (WDH)
Day 1: Kulala Adventurer Camp, Sossusvlei
Day 2: Kulala Adventurer Camp, Sossusvlei
Day 3: Hansa Hotel, Swakopmund
Day 4: Hansa Hotel, Swakopmund
Day 5: Damaraland Adventurer Camp, Damaraland
Day 6: Damaraland Adventurer Camp, Damaraland
Day 7: Damaraland Adventurer Camp, Damaraland
Day 8: Andersson’s Camp, Ongaya Game Reserve
Day 9: Andersson’s Camp, Ongaya Game Reserve
Kulala Desert Lodge boasts magnificent views of the famous sand dunes of Sossusvlei, breathtaking mountain scenery and vast open plains. Set in the 37 000-hectare Kulala Wilderness Reserve bordering theNamib Naukluft Park, there is an abundance of space and silence to be found here.
The Hansa Hotel - nestling in the very center of the charming little town of Swakopmund, wrapped in the shape of a timelessly classical building dating from 1905, and integral part of Swakopmund's architectural heritage, offers you a feeling of being enveloped in a luxurious and sophisticated hospitality with a satisfying blend of both classic atmosphere and truly elegant interior, matched with friendly and personalized service.
Nights 5 to 7: Damaraland Adventurer Camp
Situated in the Huab River Valley, arguably the most pristine wilderness area in Namibia, 90km from Torra Bay in the Torra Conservancy. It is lauded as one of the country's best camps, with sensational views of the surrounding desert plains, ancient valleys and soaring peaks of the Brandberg Mountains.
This camp gets its name from Charles Andersson, the Swedish explorer who first 'discovered' the Etosha Pan with Sir Francis Galton in 1851. Set against the backdrop of the low Ondundozonanandana Mountains, Andersson's Camp is surrounded by scrub-covered plains and white calcrete soils.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 10 days/9 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540