This epic, 11-day expedition encompasses the best that Namibia has to offer: barren deserts, rugged mountains, endless skies, and prolific wildlife.
- tep into a sea of red, mountain-high sand dunes and crisp cobalt sky in Sossusvlei
- Lunch at Walvis Bay alongside a flock of flamingos
- Cruise Namibia’s Atlantic coast, getting up close with Cape fur seals and dolphins
- Drive along the game-rich Ugab riverbed past the second largest monolith on earth to Damaraland
- Track desert-adapted black rhinos, elephants, zebra, giraffes, and kudu, and predators such as leopards, lions, cheetahs, and spotted hyena on walking and jeep safaris in the Palmwag Reserve
- Marvel at Etosha National Park’s massive moon-like mineral plane while on the hunt for impala, springbrook, elephants and zebra
Photo: Malawi safari tour
The guides were experienced and enthusiastic, the accommodations and food were excellent, and all the logistics and details were well-organized. We truly enjoyed the entire experience!
Lynda McCoy Pawtucket, RI
12 days/11 nights
Windhoek, Namibia (WDH)
Day 1: Windhoek/Sossusvlei
Day 2: Sossusvlei
Day 3: Kuiseb Canyon/Swakopmund
Day 4: Swakopmund
Day 5: Damaraland
Day 6: Damaraland
Day 7: Damaraland/Palmwag Concession
Day 8: Damaraland/Palmwag Concession
Day 9: Etosha National Park
Day 10: Etosha National Park
Day 11: Etosha National Park
Day 12: Windhoek
Located in the 37,000-hectare private Kulala Wilderness Reserve, this camp provides a panoramic view of the valley and mountains beyond.
Nestled in the very center of the charming little town of Swakopmund, wrapped in the shape of a timelessly classical building dating from 1905, and integral part of Swakopmund's architectural heritage, the Hansa Hotel envelopes you in luxurious and sophisticated hospitality with a satisfying blend of both classic atmosphere and truly elegant interior, matched with friendly and personalized service.
Nights 5 & 6: Damaraland Adventurer Camp
Situated in the Huab River Valley, arguably the most pristine wilderness area in Namibia, 90km from Torra Bay in the Torra Conservancy, Damaraland Adventurer Camp is lauded as one of the country's best camps, with sensational views of the surrounding desert plains, ancient valleys and soaring peaks of the Brandberg Mountains.
Desert Rhino Camp lies amongst rolling, rocky hills with scattered euphorbia, ancient welwitschia plants, scrubby vegetation and isolated clumps of trees of the 450,000-hectare Palmwag Concession. This region is marked for its tranquil, minimalist beauty, surprising wealth of arid-adapted wildlife and the largest free roaming black rhino population in Africa.
Ongava Tented Camp is one of Namibia's best kept secrets. Located in the much-lauded Ongava Game Reserve to the south of the Etosha National Park, it overlooks a nearby waterhole to which a plethora of wildlife congregates to drink. Constructed from stone, canvas and thatch, Ongava Tented Camp accommodates 16 guests in eight large comfortable Meru-style tents - all with en-suite facilities, open air showers and private verandas.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 12 days/11 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $5,798 / person
- ($880 single supplement)
- Call 800.575.1540 for information and availability.