There's a legend in Oregon that when the first Crater Lake visitors with color cameras took their photos to be developed, they were reimbursed for what Kodak assumed was an error in the printing process. Little did Kodak know, the impossibly bright blue hue of Oregon's Crater Lake was, in fact, real.
- Bike along the rim of an extinct volcano and down a “highway of waterfalls”
- Raft the world-famous Rogue River
- Summit Mount Scott to soak up the magnificent views from the highest point in Crater Lake National Park
- Hike the Pacific Coast trail enveloped in the rich bouquet of pine forests
- Indulge in fresh Rogue Valley berries, cheeses, and wines
- Enjoy the rare spectacle of classic theater under the stars at the Ashland Shakespeare Festival
Photo: Biking Crater Lake
As with all of our previous six adventures we have been on with Austin Adventures, all the activities were excellent, but Ashland and the Bard were beyond special!
Ron & Sandy Kelly Springboro, Ohio
6 days/5 nights
Medford, Oregon (MFR)
- Day 1: Medford, Crater Lake National Park
- Day 2: Crater Lake, Mount Scott Trail
- Day 3: Crater Lake National Park, Ashland
- Day 4: Rogue River, Ashland
- Day 5: Grizzly Peak, Shakespeare Festival
- Day 6: Ashland, Medford/Departure
Originally opened in 1915, this truly grand, historic northwest lodge is located on the edge of the caldera overlooking Crater Lake. Renovated extensively in 1995, the Lodge offers an atmosphere reminiscent of the 1920s and immerses visitors in its rustic charm.
Whether you have come to relax and wile away the afternoon snoozing under the arbors or to explore all Southern Oregon has to offer in live theater, wineries, gourmet food and handcrafted chocolates, river rafting, and fishing, Lithia Springs Resort is the place to stay to make your Southern Oregon experience delightful and unforgettable.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 6 days/5 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $2,498 / person
- ($580 single supplement)