Your journey begins at street-level in Cusco, the capital of the Inca Empire, and ends with a mountaintop perch and birds-eye view of Machu Picchu, aptly named one of the world’s most remarkable natural wonders.
- Dive deep into Cusco’s unique culture with visits to the 450-year-old Cathedral of Santo Domingo and the sumptuous, sun-worshiping Koricancha temple
- Take in the aqueducts, canals, and waterfalls along the rocky terraces of Tambomachay, also known as “The Baths of the Inca”
- Sample a savory brick-oven empanada de queso and shop for hand-woven, alpaca-wool ponchos at Pisac’s colorful street market
- Ascend the terraced Temple Hill in Ollantaytambo, one of the last traditional Incan cities in existence
- Climb the famed Huayna Picchu Mountain, for a stunning, sky-high perspective of the undulating Urubamba River and the ruins of Machu Picchu
Photo: Machu Picchu
The guides were great. The itinerary is well thought out, and the overall experience priceless.
7 days/6 nights
- Day 1: Lima
- Day 2: Cusco
- Day 3: Cusco
- Day 4: Sacred Valley
- Day 5: Machu Picchu
- Day 6: Machu Picchu
- Day 7: Lima
Set in one of Lima’s most fashionable areas, the Miraflores Park Hotel takes you straight to the heart of all that's best about this great capital city. Renowned for its beautiful garden location beside the Pacific Ocean, it has breathtaking views out to sea.
This five-star museum hotel was once a 16th century monastery built on the foundations of an Incan palace. At an elevation of 11,024 feet, you’ll appreciate the spacious, oxygen-enriched rooms.
At the Sol & Luna lodge-spa in the Sacred Valley of the Incas - within the department of Cusco, in Peru - one can breathe the Earth’s bounties and live in balance and harmony with the natural and cultural environment.
Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel's private 12-acre cloud forest inside the Machu Picchu Sanctuary offers a scattering of cottages, streams, gushing waterfalls, gardens and wild forest interspersed by stone pathways.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: May 17, 2014
- From $3,698 / person
- ($1,580 single supplement)
- May 17 2014
- Jun 28 2014
- Jul 26 2014
- Aug 02 2014
- Aug 30 2014
- Sep 20 2014