Bid urban life adieu as you make your way from Brazzaville into the heart of the Congo Basin where safari camps, built seamlessly into the river and rainforest environments of Odzala-Kokoua National Park, offer up-close encounters with some of the world’s most elusive wildlife.
- Travel by private charter and 4x4 to Lango Camp on the edge of the savannah in Odzala-Kokoua National Park, home to the world’s second largest tropical rainforest
- Set off on a game drive along the clear, shallow waters of Lango Stream on the look out for red river hogs, buffalo, and bongo
- Cruise up the Lekoli River by pirogue, enjoying a sundowner before returning to camp on a night drive, on the hunt for spotted hyena, golden cat, and water chevrotain
- From Ngaga Camp, trek deep into the Marantaceae forest to Dzebe Bai for the chance to spot black-fronted duiker, forest elephant, and chimpanzee
- Spend two full days tracking a group of magnificent western lowland gorillas; watch quietly from your forest perch as they rest and forage, often with youngsters in tow
- Kick back at nightfall in the comfort of your luxury wilderness camp, reminiscing by a bonfire about the day’s unforgettable sightings
Photo: Group in jungle tracking Gorillas
This was a life-changing experience. Our guide helped us 'see' things we never would have understood on our own.
Paradise Valley, AZ
7 days/6 nights
Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo (BZV)
- Day 1: Lango Camp
- Day 2: Lango Camp
- Day 3: Lango Camp
- Day 4: Ngaga Camp
- Day 5: Ngaga Camp
- Day 6: Ngaga Camp
- Day 7: Brazzaville
Ngaga Camp is an intimate six-unit lodge secreted within a glade in the primary forest above the Ngaga Stream and within the home ranges of several western lowland gorilla groups. The raised lounge, dining area and fire deck gaze across the forest canopy sitting three to four meters above the ground. There is also a shaded deck and fire pit nestled on the edge of the pristine Ngaga stream.
Lango Camp offers unique access to Odzala-Kokoua National Park's diverse habitats and fascinating equatorial wildlife. Nestled in dense gallery forest, the rooms are raised three to four meters off the ground and overlook a productive bai with regular visitors such as forest buffalo and African grey parrots. Beautifully set, the dining room, lounge and bar area are connected to the rooms by raised wooden walkways.
Start planning your next adventure now. See the information below for the rates and selection of available dates. For additional information on dates and availability, please contact our travel specialists.
- 7 days/6 nights
- Next Departure: Call (800) 575-1540
- From $8,598 / person
- ($5180 single supplement)